Long Veil???

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Chickadee

• 32 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:28 AM

I am getting married in St. Lucia on the beach in June. I have fallen in love with the cathedral length veils. My dress is a chiffon empire waist strapless dress with the front about ankle length and a chapel train. Can I wear a full length or cathedral length veil?? I WAS looking for a waist length veil but then saw the photos of the longer veils...

Please help!

#2 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
    • 1,326 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:36 AM

I think long veils are pretty. I did not choose one because I really did not want one so I just picked a short one. I think you could do long because chiffon is good material to match with a veil

#3 po17

• 6 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:19 AM

i think you should.
        i got mine on ebay and it looks amazing
        ...I'm yours and suddenly you're mine
        ...And it's brighter than sunshine...

#4 drbrainfreeze

• 813 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:29 AM

I think you should too! Mine is super long (I think 108")...it falls past my chapel train. I love it!! I also got mine on ebay

#5 beach2009

• 299 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:50 AM

I love the look of a longer train also. My only concern is the unpredictable wind during the ceremony. Have you considered a 2 tier with a shorter detachable veil? It could give you some options if the wind is too strong on the beach during the ceremony.

#6 ~Jessica~

• Banned
            • 3,479 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:20 AM

My only two cents is that if your day is windy you may hate your veil being long, whereas if it was short it would be less of a worry on a windy day. You could possibly even get both a cathedral length and a short one through ebay pretty cheap and then that morning decide which you want to wear. I say wear whatever makes you feel the most beautiful in!

#7 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:28 AM

I think you should!

I'm getting married in a Church but my veil will be floor length...I will however, most likely take it off for the beach reception so it doesn't get in my way

#8 Dmitri_Markine

• Vendor
                • 2,782 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:55 AM

Long veils are much better for pictures. You can do so much more with them.

#9 Jen_S

• 3,737 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:19 PM

I wore a cathedral veil for our ceremony and pictures then took it off for the reception. I loved it!
                    Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#10 sunsetbride1

• 1,083 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:33 PM

I love the look of cathedral length veils; I think that they are so elegant. Given the cut of your dress; I think it will look beautiful.

I do agree with the other ladies though; just be prepared if its windy it may get in your way. But, I have also seen pictures of veils blowing in the wind during ceremonies that look really dramatic and gorgeous. I say if you want one, get one!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users