My eBay and PayPal Accounts were HACKED

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 poohshek

poohshek
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:57 PM

Ladies,

Someone just hacked into my eBay and PayPal accounts and bought a TV to be shipped to the Great Britain. I have called my credit card company to dispute the charge.

Reminder to everyone - Change your password on a regular basis.

#2 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,513 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:58 PM

This is my worst fear! Sorry this happened to you!

#3 tdmitchell

tdmitchell
      • 719 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:02 PM

Oh wow, I hope everything works out for you. This makes me want to close all my online accounts.

#4 lakerbride

lakerbride
        • 153 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:03 PM

This happened to me about a year and half ago- somebody bought microsoft points on my visa after I had updated my info on Paypal. Recently I have been getting spam mail telling me to update my paypal account- I use paypal regularly and know my account does not need to be updated. I would suggest you get a separate credit card for paypal and put a $1000 limit on it, do not use direct pay from you bank account either.

#5 Jess

Jess
          • 4,455 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:37 PM

uh I'm so sorry -that is horrible

#6 niujess

niujess
            • 167 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:39 PM

wow, I'm so sorry. There's so many dishonest people out there it's so sad what people do to others.

#7 FoxyBride

FoxyBride
              • 609 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:40 PM

I had someone get into my eBay account and post a whole bunch of listings for sunglasses. eBay contacted me to alert me because at that point I had never posted anything for sale so they thought it was suspicious and sure enough, someone had gotten into my account. They weren't really able to do any damage through since it was caught early. I suspect they were trying to get people to buy and then they would never receive their item and by that time, they would have gotten away with the money.

#8 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
                • 1,326 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:36 PM

OMG. Scary. Is there a way to delete saved credit card info on there because I know it's saved.

#9 poohshek

poohshek
                  • 1,456 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:46 PM

Yes, I have removed all my saved credit card and bank account information from my PayPal account. American Express has put a dispute into the transaction and it will take about 6 - 8 weeks to settle. Meanwhile I am not liable for the $2,000 charge and I hope everything will clear up.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
                    OMG. Scary. Is there a way to delete saved credit card info on there because I know it's saved.

#10 litl_april

litl_april
                    • 351 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:18 AM

Oh no! So sorry this has happened to you. My ebay account was hacked a few years back but was caught by ebay before any damage was done. I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now! *hugs*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users