Photo

Did anyone out there add $$ to their trip price?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 crazykat

crazykat
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:13 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jax_the_beach_bride
    i bet u it was the same TA!! since u are both from Red Deer!!! lmao
    That is really funny I didn't even notice we were both from Red Deer, I bet it is the same TA...lol

#22 steveandjenn

steveandjenn
    • 11 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:29 PM

This particular TA wasn't local, and obviously reads this forum because she called me tonight! She said that she didn't say anything about this being a standard thing to do - but I felt as though she was PUSHING me towards it... I was honestly convinced that this was standard protocol for DW's.

I'll give her credit though, I've spoken with probably 10 TA's before I settled on the one that I did, and more than one of them did mention this.

#23 yamille

yamille
      • 1,460 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:55 PM

What? That's crazy. That TA is shady and I'm glad you asked people and went with someone else. That's not right at all.

#24 jax_the_beach_bride

jax_the_beach_bride
        • 475 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:47 AM

I cant believe the TA called you... WTF!!! its not like we even knew who they were.. and thats just weird that the TA called you!

Mr. & Mrs. Reid
          All my life, I prayed for someone like you... and I thank God that I finally found you!

http://tickers.Ticke....7116/event.png

#25 MarieSam

MarieSam
          • VIP Member
          • 2,336 posts
            • LocationSouthern California

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:26 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by steveandjenn
            This particular TA wasn't local, and obviously reads this forum because she called me tonight! She said that she didn't say anything about this being a standard thing to do - but I felt as though she was PUSHING me towards it... I was honestly convinced that this was standard protocol for DW's.

I'll give her credit though, I've spoken with probably 10 TA's before I settled on the one that I did, and more than one of them did mention this.
            it's the power of BDW, lol

#26 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 12,151 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:34 AM

hah! i can't believe she called you.

note to all TAs, vendors, etc.: if you don't want anyone to post anything negative (or that might be viewed as negative) about you in a public forum, then don't give us ammunition! we are just as likely to post glowing recommendations and positive experiences as we are the negative stuff. it's your actions that determine which will end up on the forum!

#27 jax_the_beach_bride

jax_the_beach_bride
              • 475 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:29 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by mummergirl
                hah! i can't believe she called you.

note to all TAs, vendors, etc.: if you don't want anyone to post anything negative (or that might be viewed as negative) about you in a public forum, then don't give us ammunition! we are just as likely to post glowing recommendations and positive experiences as we are the negative stuff. it's your actions that determine which will end up on the forum!
                well said!

Mr. & Mrs. Reid
                All my life, I prayed for someone like you... and I thank God that I finally found you!

http://tickers.Ticke....7116/event.png

#28 deefalvey

deefalvey
                • 521 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:57 PM

sounds sneaky to me....
                  Bill and DeannaJuly 24, 2009

#29 BachataBride

BachataBride
                  • Banned
                  • 9,310 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:52 PM

OMG...I had never heard of this! I can't believe someone would do this!!!
                    Would you ask people to pay at a local wedding for people who were from out of town!??!! That just seems so inappropriate!
                    We did receive a free trip (1 in 16)...which we gave to DH's sister who would have had a hard time coming up with the money to go. But nobody was charged extra for this!!!
                    I can't believe the nerve of some people!!

Oh and I'd like to say hello to the spying TA!! HEEELLLLOOOOO!!!!! Now get back to work planning trips & weddings!!! LOL

#30 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 12,151 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:53 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by BachataBride
                      Oh and I'd like to say hello to the spying TA!! HEEELLLLOOOOO!!!!! Now get back to work planning trips & weddings!!! LOL
                      LMFAO!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users