Photo

Golfing In Cabo

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 marise

marise
  • 179 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:06 PM

Hello future brides! I'm getting Married at Dreams in October and would like to set up golfing reservations for my uncles and father in law. For those of you that went golfing how did you guys set up your reservations for golf. Did you have to contact the resort or did you have to go through your travel agent? Thanks for any responses!

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:12 PM

i usually help my clients book their golf excursions or you can contact the hotel concierge (but that usually takes alot more time).

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 mich999

mich999
    • 386 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:19 PM

I'm getting married at the end of May and my fiance is golfing. He just made tee times for a group of 4 through our hotel (Hilton) which has a golf concierge and there was a 10% discount. Check your hotel to see if they have the same deal. For planning purposes - he had no trouble getting the tee times he wanted (6 weeks in advance) and he's golfing Cabo Real and the Pamilla Golf Club. Of course if you have a larger group, you may want to book earlier, but I think they have pretty strict cancellation policies - I'll have to check with FI - it's the only thing he's in charge of!

We'll let you know what we think of the golf courses when we return, but he was told these are two of the best to play from someone who has golfed there many times. Oh - and golf seems pretty expensive in Cabo (both these places are around $220 a round I think). There was another course my fiance was told to play, but that one was $350 a round! Thankfully, he nixed it.

#4 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,532 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:26 PM

I went through the golf concierge at Cabo Del Sol to get rates, and we filled out a reservation sheet and sent him a credit card to confirm. I think for groups 20 and up they do something different, so we kept ours to 16. Be warned that golf is expensive in Cabo though, as mich999 said. The courses are gorgeous though.

#5 marise

marise
        • 179 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:25 PM

Thank you Ladies! You guys are awesome!

Mich999 please let me know how your golfing experiences go! 6 more weeks, your weddings coming up real soon, you must be so excited! Have fun!!

#6 mich999

mich999
          • 386 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:40 PM

Thanks Marisse - I will! 39 days until our wedding - I can't believe it! I'll definitely be posting of review of everything in June - hopefully all raves : )

#7 Peaches2010

Peaches2010
            • 42 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:56 PM

Hi!

I was wondering exactly how expensive is expensive I never golfed in my life but my future father-in-law and brother-in-law love it so we'd like to arrange something for both of them.

Thanks!

#8 marise

marise
              • 179 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:56 AM

Peaches, I was looking online and both Cabo Real and Palmilla charge around $150 to $250 depending on the season. I'm booking with my travel agent so i'll let you know when she gives me the prices.

#9 melissa7821

melissa7821
                • 25 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:09 PM

I believe the Ocean course at Cabo del Sol is $350 and I think Desert Course $250..but the Ocean course has breathtaking views..I read somewhere that it was ranked the no.1 course in Latin America last year. They would really enjoy it.

#10 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 9,532 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:51 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by melissa7821
                    I believe the Ocean course at Cabo del Sol is $350 and I think Desert Course $250..but the Ocean course has breathtaking views..I read somewhere that it was ranked the no.1 course in Latin America last year. They would really enjoy it.
                    The ocean course is the one my guys are playing (although our rate is lower than that). My brother is a golf nut and he's freaking out about this!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users