Anyone ever been in cabo for cinco de mayo?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ajncooter

• 983 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 09:57 PM

Hey Guys:

Just curious if anyone was in cabo this past cinco de mayo and if they have a big fun night planned at the hotels? I will be getting married there next year during this time and am curious what kind of night it will be?

#2 MERRYME

• 324 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 10:19 PM

Cinco de Mayo is really a US holliday. We really don't celebrate it much other than it is Mexican Labor day and most of the government workers have to march in a parade.

As it is an Americanized holiday the hotels probably do have some sort of festivities.

For most people it is just an excuse for a day off from work.
      Alegria Inn - Todos Santos
      22nd of December 2006

#3 olisa6

• 125 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 10:36 PM

I never knew that. I always thought it was a Mexican holiday. Not that I'll be in Cabo during that time, but its good to know!

#4 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 17 May 2007 - 10:57 PM

i was there for cinco de maya and my DH was all excited but i explained that it was more of an american thing...but when we asked our driver he said that they had been celebrating all day...i guess any chance to celebrate.

our hotel did a really nice party on the beach...mexican buffet...mariachi...dancers etc.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
        Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 ajncooter

• 983 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 07:31 AM

Thanks guys good to know... I figured they would do something fun and outside. But I wondered if it was just an American thing!

#6 CourtneyV

• 4,979 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:32 AM

Ooooh, good one! I'll be there for it next year too! Free party?? :)
            Happily Married since May 9, 2008
            Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#7 ajncooter

• 983 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 12:54 PM

yeah i think it will be fun!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users