• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutierosie View Post
FREE WEDDING PACKAGE V. SUPERIOR/DELUXE PACKAGE

Click the image to open in full size.

When I initially decided to book with the Moon Palace, my fiancé wanted us to book the Deluxe Package because he wanted to know exactly how much we were going to spend (he was afraid that we would go way over budget otherwise) and so we bought the Deluxe Package.

However, I then realized that there are no substitutions, so if you want a bouquet that is not one of the bouquets available in the package, you actually have to buy the bouquet in its entirety (i.e. they donâ€t give you a credit), so you end up paying twice for that item. The thought of me being restricted in terms of what I wanted did not settle well with me, nor the idea of having to pay twice for what I wanted. Also, there were some items like corsages etc that I didnâ€t need. I also made a cost evaluation of the items we would need and going for the deluxe was cheaper by a very little margin.

Therefore, I decided to ask my wedding coordinator in Miami to change me from the Deluxe to the Free Wedding Package. We had paid for the Deluxe Package already, so they just issued us a refund and gave us an entire new wedding contract.

MEXICO WEDDING COORDINATOR 5-6 MONTHS BEFORE WEDDING: MARIA DEL PILAR CAPILLA RAMOS

As I mentioned previously, the contract provided for a wedding coordinator 90 days before the wedding, but I wanted to choose my private functions and locations much more in advance in light of the fact that I knew other brides that had their weddings later than mine had already booked their locations. I asked for a wedding coordinator 5-6 months before the wedding, so they gave me Maria Del Pilar Capilla Ramos, I believe she is a manager or something like that in Mexico. I speak Spanish, so she was able to help me with the reservation of my locations. I wanted to book The Tucan Terrace for my reception, but at that time that terrace was already booked, so she could only give me the Bugambilias Terrace or Terrace Venado or Lake Terrace. I chose the Terrace Venado because it was close to the water like the Tucan Terrace, however, the Terrace Venado is slightly smaller than the Tucan Terrace and much farther away from where they hold the beach weddings.

Maria, helped me book the rehearsal location at the Arrecifes Restaurant, I wanted the terrace portion of the restaurant, she said the terrace was not available at that time, but that she would try to make it happen.

She also sent me the DJ packet and the prices for Fireworks.

She helped me tremendously and at the end of the day, she gave me my first choice which was the Tucan Terrace, and the terrace at the Arrecifes Restaurant for the rehearsal dinner. She also gave me a wonderful permanent wedding coordinator Rosy Lily Sanchez.

MEXICO WEDDING COORDINATOR ROSY LILY SANCHEZ: 90 DAYS BEFORE WEDDING

90 days before the wedding, Rosy Lily Sanchez contacted me, she sent me a price list of items, a reservation form for Salon services.

We did 100% of our communication via e-mail, I created a word document that contained an outline of everything I wanted with pictures of what I wanted, basically it looked like a business plan with pictures. See attachment on first page of thread. I color coordinated her responses, so every response she gave me to the entire document contained a different color and a legend at the top of the document which stated the color that corresponded with what date. My responses to her answers were also color coordinated (with the word doc highlighter). The document began as 4 pages, by the time of the wedding the document was 11 pages, which contained everything from the petals at the ceremony to how many champagne bottles we wanted at the cocktail hour, to the favor that was going to be placed at the reception.

Would you mind posting the document in which you tracked all of your questions color coded? Thank you so much

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...