• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 thefuturemrslutz

thefuturemrslutz
  • 821 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:26 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tammy Host
    mrslutz, try having your TA pricematch...i am able to pretty easily.
    Ok thanks!!

#42 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
    • 1,047 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:45 AM

There's a saying "How much money do you need to save to make a bad vacation worthwhile ? "or "If something looks to good to be true-it usually is!"

Or something along those lines- but really with a destination wedding how much would you have to save to make it worth taking the chance that something will go wrong like not having your room when you arrive ? Or your parents, bridesmaids not having a room ect

I know it sounds tempting but there is so much at stake to take the chance- of course I am not a betting person !

Quote:
      Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz
      I saw today that by booking on Orbitz will save my guests OVER $600 per couple?!?!? SHould I not at least give them that option? That is a lot of $$$$!!!!

#43 thefuturemrslutz

thefuturemrslutz
      • 821 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 05:41 PM

Yeah I totally agree!!!!! I hope everyone books through my agent!
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by TA Jennifer
        There's a saying "How much money do you need to save to make a bad vacation worthwhile ? "or "If something looks to good to be true-it usually is!"

Or something along those lines- but really with a destination wedding how much would you have to save to make it worth taking the chance that something will go wrong like not having your room when you arrive ? Or your parents, bridesmaids not having a room ect

I know it sounds tempting but there is so much at stake to take the chance- of course I am not a betting person !

#44 Megan24

Megan24
        • 271 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:55 PM

Tammy thank you for your advice. But I am completely and utterly confused. My TA is telling me to book my flights on line. My wedding is in May and we have booked 12 rooms with dreams riveria cancun resort. I have booked these rooms with her. She says if we see a price on line that we can deal with then go with. Right now I am not seeing anything from Dallas Fort Worth area for Cancun to be under 450 dollars and this is awful times.

If I am not supposed to used these sites but my TA tells me to book my flights on line where do I need to go to do this? Do I just need to go straight with American Airlines or Sun country.

Thank you so much if you get back to me. I am really stressed out. I wish I had found this site much sooner.

#45 jennifer769405

jennifer769405
          • 152 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 02:23 PM

Very interesting! Thanks for the heads up :)

#46 EmenGeeRoxx

EmenGeeRoxx
            • 279 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 19, 2010

Posted 11 February 2010 - 03:18 PM

No website will beat a good travel agent. I used one for my wedding with 80 guests. So much easier to deal with someone directly. Saved me a lot of headaches.

#47 chipotle99

chipotle99
            • 311 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 06:12 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Megan24
              Tammy thank you for your advice. But I am completely and utterly confused. My TA is telling me to book my flights on line. My wedding is in May and we have booked 12 rooms with dreams riveria cancun resort. I have booked these rooms with her. She says if we see a price on line that we can deal with then go with. Right now I am not seeing anything from Dallas Fort Worth area for Cancun to be under 450 dollars and this is awful times.

If I am not supposed to used these sites but my TA tells me to book my flights on line where do I need to go to do this? Do I just need to go straight with American Airlines or Sun country.

Thank you so much if you get back to me. I am really stressed out. I wish I had found this site much sooner.

Megan, try AA website, they have flights nonstop DFW to Cancun for $394 including taxes ($300 =$94 taxes). I say booking with the airline directly is reliable. Hope this helps.

#48 Megan24

Megan24
              • 271 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:14 PM

Tammy thanks that is what we are going to go with. I wish I could get it cheaper then that but I guess DFW is pretty pricey to fly out of.

#49 CeeCee76

CeeCee76
                • 235 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:50 PM

I've just started to book directly with the airlines also. I had an issue when I booked with travelocity and their customer service was so not helpful. I've made out so much better either booking directly with the airline or hotel. I've never used a travel agent, but I'm considering using one for my wedding because some of my guests don't travel much and would appreciate being able to talk to someone when booking travel.
                  ~January 11, 2011~ Sun Palace, Cancun, Mexico~Our wedding review

#50 KGraham27

KGraham27
                  • 155 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:57 PM

Thanks for the heads up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users