Photo

Orbitz & Expedia ~ BEWARE!

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#31 Patti

Patti
  • 555 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:22 PM

I absolutely agree to NEVER NEVER NEVER use those sites. I"m a firm believer that you get what you pay for. The only time I get on those sites is to see which airlines are going where and for how much, then I get on the airline site to book. It's a nightmare if you have to change something on Expedia. I've booked with hotels.com before (only once because I learned my lesson). They give you the worse rooms they have.

#32 ccarmany23

ccarmany23
    • 138 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 04:58 PM

I am so glad to have seen this thread- I had no idea! I have booked through Expedia, etc, before for various trips and now I am thinking that I just got lucky. Never again! Thanks everyone for posting your words of wisdom with lessons learned....

#33 iheartbees

iheartbees
      • 14 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:12 PM

Wow. I can't believe that there are so many webpages out there started by people who have been ripped off... you'd think that Orbitz/Expedia would want to do something to change all that negative publicity.

It's much easier to book directly with the airline, I find (Westjet in Canada has amazing fare sales every month or so), so I stopped using Expedia a few years back for flights. After reading this I will stay away from them altogether now!

#34 McToasty

McToasty
        • 170 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 04:30 PM

Uh oh... after reading all these reviews, I'm getting really paranoid. I didn't book with either Orbitz or Expedia, but . I found their site online, then called to speak to a TA. All the guests were planning to book through them too... Is this safe??

#35 thefuturemrslutz

thefuturemrslutz
          • 821 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:12 AM

I saw today that by booking on Orbitz will save my guests OVER $600 per couple?!?!? SHould I not at least give them that option? That is a lot of $$$$!!!!

#36 simplnsweet

simplnsweet
            • 323 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:40 AM

thanks Tammy for the post. I see it started back in '06. Good that someone posted a reply and i saw it on the new posting feed. Thanks..i hope my posting will show up and prompt another few brides to view this thread.

#37 simplnsweet

simplnsweet
              • 323 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:40 AM

thanks Tammy for the post. I see it started back in '06. Good that someone posted a reply and i saw it on the new posting feed. Thanks..i hope my posting will show up and prompt another few brides to view this thread.

#38 md2002

md2002
                • 79 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:19 PM

This is pretty scary... Hopefully it isn't the same with the flights as it is the hotels!!

We are going the week of April vacation and booked through Orbitz... this is a busy week for flights and I'm sure the flights will be over booked... if we get the boot it pretty much means the wedding is in jeopardy.....

Is it the same thing with flights or mostly hotel rooms??

#39 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                  • 11,659 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:29 PM

mrslutz, try having your TA pricematch...i am able to pretty easily.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                  Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                  Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                  sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                  Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#40 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                  • 11,659 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:29 PM

mrslutz, try having your TA pricematch...i am able to pretty easily.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                  Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                  Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                  sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                  Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users