Photo

ROR Brides - DJ Question

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 KHarrod

KHarrod
  • 902 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 02:18 PM

Did the DJ announce you as the happily married couole at the reception or did someone else do this for you? Was the first dance and speeches at dinner time or during the dancing portion? I'm just trying to decide if I should bring my system and play my Ipod or get the DJ for two hours.

#2 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
    • 813 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 02:33 PM

We are bringing our IPod and Bose Sound Dock. I think we are going to rent a mic if its not too expensive. My cousin will be announcing everything and acting as our "DJ," although all of the setlists will be done so hes just announcing and whatnot.

#3 KHarrod

KHarrod
      • 902 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 03:39 PM

Thanks, you are almost ready to go. I know you're super excited about it.

#4 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,193 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:40 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by KHarrod
          Did the DJ announce you as the happily married couole at the reception or did someone else do this for you? Was the first dance and speeches at dinner time or during the dancing portion? I'm just trying to decide if I should bring my system and play my Ipod or get the DJ for two hours.
          Yes, the DJ announced as we entered the disco & we did the first dance & speeches there as well. We did our speeches at the end of the night, right before the disco opened up to the public.

Just remember you can do anything you want. If you want someone else to announce you, just make sure they are in the disco before you arrive & have them inform the DJ that they are going to announce you. He will gladly give them his mic.

#5 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
          • 813 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:26 PM

Quote:
            Thanks, you are almost ready to go. I know you're super excited about it.
            I am very excited and slightly nervous! Working on my BD book now...cutting it close...I know!! I will have lots to share with you when I get back ;-)

#6 CherylMc

CherylMc
            • 211 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:53 PM

thats a great question - are the DJ's good - or shoudl I bring an IPOD too??

#7 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
              • 813 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:13 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by CherylMc
                thats a great question - are the DJ's good - or shoudl I bring an IPOD too??
                I have heard both ends of the spectrum...they are really great....and they are not so good. For the amount that you pay to have them, would you want them to run your IPod? I didn't want people to be asking the DJ to play the elecrtic slide, macarena, chicken dance, etc...also I was a little unsure that I would like their music selection. I also refused to pay, what $350 (?) and hour for someone to run my IPod. So I just spent $300 on a Bose Sound Dock and called it a day. I think it also depends on your guest count. For us, 25 people with 1 baby wasn't worth the money.

#8 CherylMc

CherylMc
                • 211 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:42 PM

thanks for the advice
                  ummm - good to know
                  17 days away eh - yay!!!!

#9 KHarrod

KHarrod
                  • 902 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:45 PM

Thats exactly what I was thinking as well because I have all of the songs that I know the people would want to hear. So, I think that Im going to creat a playlist and just let it pplay out for two hours. I was just concerned about someone announcing us so I guess I can find someone to do that and rent a mic.

#10 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
                    • 813 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:57 PM

Quote:
                      Thats exactly what I was thinking as well because I have all of the songs that I know the people would want to hear. So, I think that Im going to creat a playlist and just let it pplay out for two hours. I was just concerned about someone announcing us so I guess I can find someone to do that and rent a mic.
                      I am sure one of your guests would be honored to announce you for the first time! My cousin is doing that for us. We really wanted to involve him since hes my fave male cousin (and the only one actually coming to the wedding) and he has become very very good friends with FI over the past few years. We really couldn't add any more to the bridal party (25 guests total - 10 of us in the bridal party!!) so we figure this is a good task for him, plus he has an awesome personality!

I know 17 days to go!!! I don't know if I am nervous or not!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users