Sign in to follow this  
YoursTruly

Canjet hijacking at montego bay- sangster airport

I think security in the Caribbean sometimes just way too laid back. There were few times when I'd see the guys at the x-ray machines talk to each other instead of looking at the monitors. Perhaps this was a good wake up call for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri_Markine View Post
I think security in the Caribbean sometimes just way too laid back. There were few times when I'd see the guys at the x-ray machines talk to each other instead of looking at the monitors. Perhaps this was a good wake up call for them
I found it the opposet, my carryon and dress bag got searched, dont know what they were looking for, but what ever it was must of been ok.

But ya that would be scarry

We were one of the weddings on that flight, but I know there were at least 3 other brides as well. Still can't really believed it happened, espcially since we had a group with us and had reassured those who had never flown how safe it is! We did continue on and had a great wedding, although I didn't realized my dress got ripped until I put it on the day of the wedding!

Thanks, A lot of people were freaking out, some decided not to carry on with their trip which is too bad. I was lucky and was able to glue my dress with some nail glue that came in the kit I brought for my wedding. :)