Kate's Reviews of Wedding Vendors & Sheraton Resort (Cabo)

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#11 marise

• 179 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:25 AM

Kate, great review! Congratulations!!

#12 cbohern

• 31 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:14 AM

Great review! Thanks.

#13 Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,047 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
      • LocationToronto

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:49 AM

Great review! its sounds like you all had an amazing time! congrats!

#14 Mrs.T 2010

Mrs.T 2010
      • 41 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:54 AM

Thanks again Kate for your review. Love reading the reviews on this board from all the different brides, I think it's my favorite part.

#15 t&aFeb2010

• 9 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:54 PM

Great review! Do you have any pics of the chapel at the Sheraton from your wedding day? this is one of the chapels we are considering.

#16 bride7474

• 582 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:00 PM

I am so pleased to read that all of the vendors that we have in common have A+++

#17 angelk7164

• 17 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:44 PM

Thank you so much for that review. I'm still debating between Sheraton, Dreams and Hilton so your insight is incredibly valuable. I just want to be done with picking a location already :)

#18 krebsler

• 153 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:12 PM

Kate, do you mind me asking how much your cake was from Sweet Dreams? Do you have any photos of the cake? We are deciding if we should get a cake, cupcakes or nothing. Any advice, tips, info would be great! Thanks for your review!

#19 KateNCabo

• 16 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:17 PM

I just realized that me review of the videographer, Dino, was not complete. I guess you loose the ability to edit posts after they've been posted for 1 hour.

That being said, I hope to clarify the rating for Dino as I'm sure that it does not reflect his work in general, but just the experience I had.

In the end, Dino's did a nice job with the video, but there were three matters that influenced the lower rating for me.

The first is that it took almost 2 months to receive the video. There was a good excuse for why it was late, but no one let me or Maye know that it would be delayed until after it was sent to me. Which was a bummer because there were family members that couldn't attend that I promised to share the video with at Christmas.

The second reason is that the intro to the video (menu screen) had a completely different couple featured (names and imagery). He must have forgotten to do that part, however I’m sure he would have fixed it if I had asked him to.

The third reason is that he didn’t talk to any of our guests on camera, which was a key element I told him I wanted when we initially met. He said he would bring a list of questions to ask guests that would help them if they didn’t know what to say, but there was none of that in the video.

In the end, I felt like I didn’t get my money’s worth. However, Maye stands by him completely and has worked with him several times where I have only worked with him once.

A “C” rating may look harsh, but it is considered “average”. Because of the 3 reasons above, that’s the level of service I feel I received.

Looking back, the best advice I can give you is to meet with him, or any other key vendor the week of your wedding to recap what you’re looking to get from the video/photography/etc. Had I done this with Dino, I’m sure the third issue would have never happened.
                  **Make it your mission to take in every moment on that special day. So much is going on it's easy to forget to take it all in.**

#20 KateNCabo

• 16 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by farrahla
                    Hi. I actually am having Dino do my wedding photography in PV. The pictures on his website are gorgeous, and his videos look great too. He also gets back to you fast and will talk to me about what I want, etc. Why did you have a so, so experience?

Please see my explanation for Dino's rating:
                    **Make it your mission to take in every moment on that special day. So much is going on it's easy to forget to take it all in.**

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users