Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Site Visit Review- LONG


  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Ana

Ana

    VIP Member

  • VIP Member
  • 8,047 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
  • LocationToronto

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:54 PM

they're pretty decently sized bottles. The sunscreen lasted about 3 days for both Michael and myself and we re-applied alot, plus Michael is really tall so his body surface area is larger than most ppls. lol! All the toiletries are on the larger size.

#22 Erika J

Erika J

    VIP Member

  • VIP Member
  • 8,569 posts

    Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:58 PM

    Awesome, thank you ! thank you! thank you! for answering my annoying questions :)

    #23 Ana

    Ana

      VIP Member

    • VIP Member
    • 8,047 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
    • LocationToronto

    Posted 20 April 2009 - 07:34 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Erika J
    Awesome, thank you ! thank you! thank you! for answering my annoying questions :)
    lol they're not annoying at all! If you need anything or have any more questions please PM me I'd love to help whichever way I can

    #24 krebsler

    krebsler
    • Jr. Member
    • 153 posts

      Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:13 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by SoontobeMrsDorsey
      Hi Krebsler and Ana-

      Your pics were AWESOME!!! Thanks so much for posting them! They were probably the most helpful that I've seen on the site. I am interested in your trips to Dreams bc I am still quite torn bt Dreams and Riu. After some of the terrible stories I've read about Riu services, I'm leaning more toward Dreams. But I know that Dreams is older and I want to the best for my day (April 17, 2010). A couple of questions, if you don't mind :)

      1) How clean and updated were the rooms? Did they offer toiletries for the guest? Would you consider them outdated? Do you have pics of the rooms? I really don't want any musty, mildewy, outdated facility for my wedding.

      2) Did you visit Riu while you were in Cabo? If so, how does it measure up in terms of quality and service?
      I'm a super anal person when it comes to germs and cleanliness and I thought the rooms were exceptionally clean! All the furniture is new and the beds are comfy and clean. Usually the first thing I do when I'm staying at a resort/hotel is pull the top comforter and decorative pillows off the bed and at Dreams that didn't even cross my mind. Like I mentioned earlier, the cleaning ladies come in to clean twice a day and they do a very thorough job! One day Justin and I were down near the pool and we looked up to see all these cleaning people washing down each and every pole on the balcony!!

      I was also a bit leery prior to our trip about the rooms being moldy due to the open concept. I have allergies and had no problems throughout the duration of my stay. If you go on Dreams Los Cabos website there are pictures of the rooms and what you see is what you get. I would call ahead of your departure and request a room on the top floor so you're not stuck on the ground floor with no balcony.

      #25 SoontobeMrsDorsey

      SoontobeMrsDorsey
      • Newbie
      • 24 posts

        Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:07 AM

        Thank you Tammy and Ana. Your responses have really helped to ease my mind. I've been to other parts of Mexice (Cancun) and can remember my room always having a mildewy smell. I wnat my guest to be comfortable and have a great time celebrating our wedding day with us. I have so many questions and I'm sure I'll have more before my "big day!" You guys are great. I'm very thankfuul that I found this site.

        #26 Ana

        Ana

          VIP Member

        • VIP Member
        • 8,047 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
        • LocationToronto

        Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:30 AM

        the thing about Cabo too as opposed to the Mayan Riviera or other parts of Mexico, is that its a desert so there isn't any humidity. Usually in the Mayan Riviera that's where the mildewy smell comes from.

        #27 melette

        melette
        • Member
        • 893 posts

          Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:13 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by krebsler
          I'm a super anal person when it comes to germs and cleanliness and I thought the rooms were exceptionally clean! All the furniture is new and the beds are comfy and clean. Usually the first thing I do when I'm staying at a resort/hotel is pull the top comforter and decorative pillows off the bed and at Dreams that didn't even cross my mind. Like I mentioned earlier, the cleaning ladies come in to clean twice a day and they do a very thorough job! One day Justin and I were down near the pool and we looked up to see all these cleaning people washing down each and every pole on the balcony!!

          I was also a bit leery prior to our trip about the rooms being moldy due to the open concept. I have allergies and had no problems throughout the duration of my stay. If you go on Dreams Los Cabos website there are pictures of the rooms and what you see is what you get. I would call ahead of your departure and request a room on the top floor so you're not stuck on the ground floor with no balcony.
          So i'm not the only one!!! I'm super anal when it comes to hotel rooms, and pulling off and throwing the top cover off the beds is the first thing i do!
          You ladies are awesome, and thanks for all of your input!
          http://i36.photobuck...ette12/mcc1.jpgFirst Dance as Mr. & Mrs 01/21/2010http://tickers.Ticke....1911/event.png

          BRIDE&GROOM + 85 Family & Friends BOOKED and had a blast!

          #28 white desert

          white desert
          • Newbie
          • 7 posts

            Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:36 PM

            Thank you so much for the pictures. I'm so glad you took pictures of the food too because I'm sure a lot of us eat with our eyes.

            #29 TammyWright

            TammyWright

              Admin & Owner

            • Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

            Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:48 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by krebsler
            I would call ahead of your departure and request a room on the top floor so you're not stuck on the ground floor with no balcony.
            half of our guests wanted to be on the ground floor because even though they did not have a balcony, they had a patio that they could walk directly to the pool or bar and they LOVED that.

            we would meet up at one of the patios and have a little party before dinner...

            Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

             
            Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
             
            Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.


            #30 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

            Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,326 posts

              Posted 21 April 2009 - 05:12 PM

              Oh Thanks Tammy! The idea of having a pre-party on the patios is a great idea!

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Tammy Host
              half of our guests wanted to be on the ground floor because even though they did not have a balcony, they had a patio that they could walk directly to the pool or bar and they LOVED that.

              we would meet up at one of the patios and have a little party before dinner...





              0 user(s) are reading this topic

              0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users