Dreams Site Visit Review- LONG

Okay so I know that you didn't rave too much about dessert, but were you able to taste the cake flavors and did they tell you if you could choose a dessert along with your wedding cake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krebsler View Post
Dreams was AMAZING!! From the time we stepped foot off the shuttle to the minute we said good-bye, simply pure bliss! I'm going to try and make this as brief as possible.

Service A+

The servers were so incredibly nice and catered to your every need. I read on here that it's a good idea to take singles for tips. We ended up bringing $100 in singles and I'm glad I did. It's not necessary to tip, but we felt it was important to show our appreciation. Maid service was good and very loyal. I never once felt as though I had to hide my valuables or money. In fact one day I left money out and they came in for turn down service, the money was still there! :)

Resort A-

The reason I give the resort an A- is due to the amount of children at the resort. I understand we went during spring break and that may be the reason for all the families. We just thought since this was an upscale resort there would not be many kids. Boy, were we wrong!! After the first day of sitting by the pool and listening to all the screaming and crying kids, we decided to lie down by the beach (which was fabulous). The actual structure of the building and cleanliness was outstanding! I loved the architecture and layout of the facility. We were super impressed with the workout room! The resort does a great job with their entertainment and providing fun activities for their guests. For example, I did a yoga class on the beach one morning. The workers take pride in where they work and it shows!

Restaurants/Food Tasting A+

We were so impressed with the food at Dreams! We loved waking up in the morning and heading down to El Patio! They have a great breakfast buffet as well as a chef making personalized omelets. Seaside also has a good breakfast, but better dinners.

We were NOT impressed with Portofino at all! We were first seated outside and there were so many kids running around, which shocked us because this was the “fancy-dress code” restaurant. We asked to be moved inside and got our food, which was not good at all.

We loved Himitsu, we really like sushi. It takes awhile to get your food so it’s a good idea to order a lot! Ha! Himitsu was my second favorite place for dinner. We loved Oceana for dinner, which is my first pick for din-din!! Yum!! We also did our food tasting there and had a great experience. Here is what we decided on for our wedding dinner (we’re doing A La Carte)…

Starters:

Puff pastry with Portobello mushroom and asparagus

Snow crab cakes

Soup:

Tortilla soup with shrimp (sooo good, be careful we ordered it for room service and it was not the same as Seaside’s tortilla soup)

Cream of asparagus

Dinner:

Sea Bass

Beef tenderloin

Penne pasta with shrimp and scallops

Dessert: we were not impressed with desserts, not sure on these options

Strawberry mousse

Ice cream on in candy bowl

Oh and having 24 hour room service was the best thing on earth! We would come in from a long day in the sun and order salads before going out to dinner (since it takes a long time to get food). We are big nacho kids so having this option for every meal was fabulous! Ha!

WC Yesica B+

We met with Yesica and thought she was very helpful. We were able to get a lot of questions answered but many we did not get a straight answer. We are hoping to get the unanswered questions in an email soon. I’ve read some really poor reviews on Yesica and I truly have to stand up for her. She has so many weddings she handles and she knows what she is doing. Many BDW brides are upset that she is not responding to their emails timely enough, but what they do not realize is Mexico is extremely laid back! They are not on their computers all hours of the day like us Americans. My advice to other brides would be to prioritize your questions. Ask Yesica the most important questions first and ask her to answer those specific questions so you get a straight answer. The other option would be to talk with her via phone, I personally do not like doing this because you won’t have written documentation of your conversation. I like to print out my emails so I have them for my binder/files. Yesica is very knowledgeable and is good at what she does. I’ve never heard a bride disappointed with her after the wedding, which is a good thing. I’m planning on giving her a complete itinerary of my wedding day so she knows exactly what she needs to do on that day. I would also highly recommend a site visit if you are able to make the trip. It’s so worth it to know what you are going to get and to see the resort. For those who are unable, take my word you will have an amazing wedding! This resort is beautiful and your wedding will be unforgettable for all of your guests!

Here are my Site Visit photos:

Flickr: tara.krebs' Photostream

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez View Post
Okay so I know that you didn't rave too much about dessert, but were you able to taste the cake flavors and did they tell you if you could choose a dessert along with your wedding cake?
We did not taste any of the cake flavors but I'm sure they taste great. We weren't going to do a cake since neither of us are big on cake. We thought we would choose a cheesecake and be done with it. We weren't too crazy with their cheesecake, so I'm beginning to wonder if I should do a small cake or even little cupcakes from Sweet Dreams. I did taste the strawberry mousse and loved it, so I'm sure the chocolate mousse is fabulous as well. We may just stick with those two options otherwise. I believe you can do a dessert along with your cake, but I would definitely ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGAMMAGIRL77 View Post
Thank for the pictures. They were great. I'm a bit worried that the dinner is not going to be enough for my guests. I have some big boys coming!!!! Also, you mentioned that the cascade wasn't really private. Is there a section that is?
trust me...its enough. my family are BIG eaters...my dad looks small but he eats more than anyone i know...and i am a big eater as well (we joke that we should be on those eating competitions) and it is sooo much food.

you have to realize that your guests are stuffing themselves ALL day. huge buffet breakfast, then big lunch, then snacks all around the resort.

after your ceremony there is usually a cocktail hour with hors d'oevres, THEN a 3-4 course meal....add that it is HOT so people are eating a little less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGAMMAGIRL77 View Post
Thank for the pictures. They were great. I'm a bit worried that the dinner is not going to be enough for my guests. I have some big boys coming!!!! Also, you mentioned that the cascade wasn't really private. Is there a section that is?
I agree with Tammy, you will never have to worry about your guest going hungry. Plus you have to think about all the drinks they will be drinking throughout the day, that fills people up too.

I also agree with Tammy that the food is more than enough! Michael and his family are all super tall and eat alot! lol and they were so stuffed they could hardly eat the cupcakes. Besides if anyone is still hungry I'm sure you can probably order some more from one of the restaurants for them.

Tara if you do the cupcakes you will absolutely love them. Deena does such an amazing job! My parents can't stop talking about them and they ask every few days if I can find a similar place that makes those kinds of cupcakes here in Toronto. Lol! They also keep for a long time and taste great after, so you can take them back to your room and eat them for the rest of the week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy Host View Post
trust me...its enough. my family are BIG eaters...my dad looks small but he eats more than anyone i know...and i am a big eater as well (we joke that we should be on those eating competitions) and it is sooo much food.

you have to realize that your guests are stuffing themselves ALL day. huge buffet breakfast, then big lunch, then snacks all around the resort.

after your ceremony there is usually a cocktail hour with hors d'oevres, THEN a 3-4 course meal....add that it is HOT so people are eating a little less.
Hi Tammy,

About the cocktail hour and hors d'oevres, is that something that you add to the dinner menu. If so, what is the average pp (if you know?)