Other "Living Room" Engagement Brides?

My FI's plans to ask me to marry him were a mess (not his fault, though -- I was in a car accident the day he planned to propose! This is how it FINALLY HAPPENED!

I was so wrapped up in dealing with the insurance people that, he simply stopped me where I stood 3 days after the accident. With the ring burning a hole in his pocket, as he says, and so much sincerity and love in his eyes, he asked me, on bended knee, to "do him the honor of being his wife", and I couldn't say anything else to my best friend and the man I love but "YES!" I even tackled him to the floor, I was so excited! Weâ€ve sure got a story to tell though, right?

Congrats to all the BDW Brides!

Christie :)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it!

I had just been grocery shopping and had the kitchen in complete havoc when Joe got down on one knee-amongst all the shopping bags on the floor:) I was so caught up in what I was doing, all I could do is star at him as if "what the hell are you doing down there on the floor?" hahaha.

I joke with him that he was so overwhelmed with all the dicious snacks I brought home, he wanted to lock me down:)

• 2 weeks later...

Christie: Very cute story, and I'm glad you were O.K.!

Josh and I met when we were 15 at Karate school, he was my instructor in one of my classes. Anyways we were friends every since, and dated once at the beginning when we first met. Fast forward a few years and we had been dating for a year when we decided to move in together because we spent all of our time at each others houses. We went out to the bar the night I moved in to celebrate (us and 2 of our roommates, we lived in a town house). On the way back home after drinking way too much, we got into a huge fight. After 30 minutes of bickering, he randomly gets on one knee. I thought he was going to throw up. Turn's out he was asking me to be with him forever. I didn't understand why, because we had just been fighting. He informed me that my passion is one of the reasons why he loves me. He also told me he wouldn't want to spend the rest of his life fighting and arguing with anyone else (not that we fight a lot, actually almost never) but me. Apparently he wanted to start a fight with me all night so that he could have the guts to pull out the ring and propose. He had it planned with everyone else in the house! What a strange one he is, but that's why I love him.

Ashley -- thanks so much, and what an adorable story you have, as well! Isn't it amazing how our engagements turned out sooo much differently than we may have imagined before, but are so much more memorable than saying, "he took me to dinner at a really nice restaurant on our anniversary and blah, blah, blah..." like a million other girls?!

I love that he actually had to pick a fight with you to get up the nerve to ask you to marry him! PRICELESS! Congrats to you both!

I had just got off work it was after 10pm and we where going to a late Dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings (there open late and its our fave)

So I was in mid changing and he kept yelling for me to come on the balcony so with my uniform shirt on a pair of jeans and barefooted I walk out side and kind of spit "what" at him, there he handed me a comic book he drew and told me to read it, well at the end the "him" character asks the "me" character to marry him and I look up and he gets down on one knee and asks me, he was so nervous he almost dropped the ring so we went inside before I got the ring on, so it would not fall threw the cracks on the balcony. hehe

my lovely nerd :)

What a adorable engagement story, Jeni! I love that even though you were both taken by the moment, you had your wits about you and made sure you went back inside before he slipped the ring onto your finger! What a catastrophe it could have been if it had falled through the cracks -- whew, crisis averted! :)

• 2 weeks later...

i'm so glad i found this and even happier that i'm not the only "living room engagement" bride!

FI proposed on the morning of valentine's day and he was on vacation from work at the time. even when he's working he doesn't get up before 8 without a fight and at 7:30 he randomly got up to let the dogs out. i was confused since they weren't even howling yet, but i definitely wasn't going to say anything! a few minutes later his daughter came into our room and told me FI needed me in the living room. i panicked because only a few days earlier one of our dogs had escaped from the backyard so i jumped out of bed half-naked and ran into the living room where he was down on one knee (right next to the dog cages, no less). i wish i could remember everything he said, but all i can remember is crying, laughing and the dogs barking to come back inside! not quite your typical proposal story, but i loved it AND i loved seeing FI be so nervous and cute!