Sign in to follow this  
bridetobe959

ughhh!!!aunt Flo is set to come during the wedding week

With the wedding coming up in a hurry the one thing I forgot to do was check to make sure I would not have my period during the wedding week. As luck would have it thats looking like when its set to start. Im so bummed!the last thing I wanted during that week was cramps and bloating. As of next week we are 4 weeks away from leaving for cabo. Im going to call my doc first thing Monday and see if I started a birth control regiment I could possibly skip it but I think its probably too late. Sorry if I grossed anyone out with too much information but I just needed to vent!

oh that sucks so bad! hopefully you're not too late to start on BC! with any luck, the wedding stress will throw your cycle off and you'll get it early or late. i know people who planned it perfectly to not fall during their wedding but then stress screwed them up ... one friend actually got hers AT her wedding (she wasn't due for at least another week)!

I am so sorry. That's terrible!

I do not think BC is a good solution though. You don' know how your body is going to react to the pills. It might actually be worse Not to mention what someone else said - you have to start them the first Sunday after your period starts or the first day of your next period.

Well dammit all to hell! That sucks! I'd be ticked too....yea, discuss it with your doc, as well as an option that isn't likely to affect you to much. I know I do terrible with certain brands...

Maybe it won't last the whole time? Not much consolation, I know..

Just run two packs into each other. And skip your period all together. Thats what they had me do before I got prego and then I only had my period every other month. It was great.

That totally sucks! I would be hesitant about starting BC though - it can have some pretty gnarly effects. It might be best just to hydrate and ibuprofen it up!

That sucks. I would agree on starting BC though-I think most people do just fine but in some cases, especially for the first couple of months it can be difficult for your body to adjust.

I can't take BC - the hormones are disastrous for my emotions so I actually went online and found a calculator to estimate when I would be on my period and planned my wedding date (8 months in advance) around it.

Now....let's just hope it works that way.

Good luck with your efforts-and remember. No matter what you'll have a wonderful time, don't let it get you down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikki View Post
so I actually went online and found a calculator to estimate when I would be on my period and planned my wedding date (8 months in advance) around it.
Oohhh do share!!

I counted the weeks and I'm going to have the same problem, although I'm already on the patch. I'm going to keep it on for 2 months straight and the go back to the normal cycle.