10/10/10 is a sunday...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 bobbysgirl

• 184 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:49 PM

I had always had my heart set on getting married on 10/10/10. I don't know why really there is no real meaning just thought it would be cool I guess...I just got info from the wedding planner at our resort that the judges and our resort specifically don't do weddings on sundays I'm bummed.

Sorry just needed to vent a little.

#2 Yari

• VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:44 PM

That stinks, can you pick a different resort?

#3 *JillD*

• 5,112 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:23 PM

you can get married in mexico on a sunday, but it would just be a symbolic ceremony, not a legal one. You may already be really far into your planning and that may not be an option, but just thought I'd throw it out there.

#4 ~*DiAnE*~

• 1,418 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:26 PM

Does is work that way at most places?? (judges not doing wedding on Sundays??) I never really thought about it...

#5 Tanya Marie

Tanya Marie
          • 334 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:44 PM

TA Jill~ Is that true? bc we wanted to get married that day too and several people told me that nothing is done on Sunday, maybe they just didn't understand that I wanted a symbolic ceremony. Since we are getting married in the US first we didn't think it would be an issue. I am going to push the issue more! Thanks for the info!
            Happily Married after an AMAZING wedding at the Playaca Palace in Playa del Carmen, MX!!!

#6 bobbysgirl

• 184 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 01:35 PM

Ya, we are going to have to pick a different day... We love our resort and we want to get married in the dominican not at home first.

#7 DarcyJAde

• 305 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:42 PM

We are a symbolic ceremony in Punta Cana on a Sunday (October10, 2009). We are having pastor Rick York perform the ceremony and bless it. He does ceremonies there in English. Maybe he can perform a legal one for you? Eastern Dominican Christian Mission

[/SIGPIC] 40 PEOPLE BOOKED!!!

#8 Dolcenotte12

• 104 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 07:05 PM

I am having a legal ceremony on a Sunday this July. I never heard about it not being legal on a Sunday. The judge is coming to us to make it legal and we are filing all the paperwork with WEDO.

#9 Lindsay521

• 91 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:54 AM

I am getting married on a Sunday as well but I am having a symbolic and we are flying my rabbi down.
                    Lindsay and Seth
                    March 28, 2010 - Paradisus Palma Real, Punta Cana

#10 KimmyG

• 520 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:08 PM

10/10 of this year happens to be on a Saturday. Want to move it up a year?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users