First/1st Anniversary Gifts: What was yours?

Alyssa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliaA07 View Post
Well we would of LOVED to go back to Jamaica but that was not financially feasible for us. So instead we went to a super fancy restaurant together and it was super romantic. And then we got TATTOOS. I posted my tattoo in the other thread. But we did something to remember our wedding. The coordinates to the beach we married on. Not super extravagant anniversary but something I'll always remember. We hope to go back to Jamaica for anniversary's but for now we just did something small.
Cool, great ideas. What kind of restaurant did you go to? I love the tattoo idea of the coordinates of where you got married.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO View Post
Is returning to the location of your DW possible? Or what about a weekend getaway? What about a spa date?

Next month we are returning to Jamaica with family & friends who were there with us for the wedding & we will celebrate our 1 year anniversary then.

Since we knew we weren't going back to Jamaica until June, we took advantage of a great sale & booked a cruise that sailed 1 week before our anniversary.

On the actual day of our anniversary, I surprised DH & booked us a couples massage at a spa. I figured a couples massage would be a great treat for both of us.
After our massage we were able to lounge around the spa & enjoy their sauna's/steam rooms & hot tubs. It was a very relaxing & quiet day. After that we went to lunch & that was about it.

What exactly did you have in mind & are you trying to surprise DW or are you both planning this together?

Okay, I'm editing this cuz I just looked & saw that you were married in Cancun so I'm thinking that a return to MX wouldn't be on your agenda right now due to the swine flu scare.
But a trip someplace else you guys always wanted to go would also be a great surprise, even if its just for the weekend.
I'm absolutely clueless on what to do since we've been traveling so much this past year. We just got back from a trip, so we weren't really up for going back to a tropical place like Cancun again this soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO View Post
I decided to google this & these ideas came up. Hopefully they are not too corny for you!

A Man’s Guide to Anniversary Planning

How to Celebrate your Anniversary

First Anniversary Ideas and Gifts

How cute, personalized M&M's! I would never have thought of that idea for an anniversary:
My M&M's® - Personalized Anniversary Candy Message Gifts

Anyway, I hope that these helped in some way since I couldn't think of anything else more creative!
I'll check these out this weekend and get back to you on what I think. Thanks for doing all that research for me, you're a sweetheart!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a simple but wonderful first anniversary as well. I wasn't allowed to do any of the planning though, the hubby wanted to do it the first time around. I'm really not that picky though, I would have been happy with some great food ordered in while watching a romantic movie on the couch. cheesy.gif

Like I said though, Timm had other things in mind. He ended up booking each of us half hour massages (my first ever)...why, oh why did I wait so long to have a massage? It was heaven. He had me go first, and while he was getting his massage, he arranged for me to have my hair done. I get easily frustrated with my hair, there's a lot of it, it's thick, and never does what I want it to, so this was a wonderful thing for him to do. Following the hair and the massage, we went for lunch at an open air market I'd been wanting to try. Very yummy.

The finale to our day is something we're going to keep up every year, at least, we're hoping to. We went to have our pictures "professionally" done at a photo studio. It wasn't a professional studio (it was in a grocery store, but the price was right), but it was fun and the pictures turned out nicely. This year we're using a friend who dabbles in photography (and does an amazing job) for some more professional style photos.

Needless to say it was a great day, from start to finish.

on our anniversary we went out for a quick dinner, we had a two week old baby so we didn't leave for long. We actually went to "dinner" at 3:30 in the afternoon.

For presents, since 1st anniversary is paper, I got him red sox tickets and we went to a baseball game. He got me a leather bound journal to write in every year of our marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
For presents, since 1st anniversary is paper, I got him red sox tickets and we went to a baseball game. He got me a leather bound journal to write in every year of our marriage.
Genius way to incorporate `paper`

I`d love to see other ideas on incorporatating paper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
on our anniversary we went out for a quick dinner, we had a two week old baby so we didn't leave for long. We actually went to "dinner" at 3:30 in the afternoon.

The journal idea is awesome if you're into journals entries. Click the image to open in full size.

We wanted to return to the DR with many of our guests ... but are doing that for our 2nd anniversary instead. It just wasn't feasible for our 1st anniversary.

Instead, we did a long weekend in New Orleans and had an absolute BLAST!

Next year, we are headed back to our wedding resort in Punta Cana with probably about half of our original guests and hopefully some friends/family who couldn't make it to the wedding.

Since we didn't have a real honeymoon, we went on a vacation of our dreams for our anniversary. We were in Costa Rica a month before our actual anniversarry and had a family dinner on the day of our anniversary where our present to everyone was telling them that we're pregnant! :)

We didn't exchange gifts. We HAD planned on going to a B&B somewhere close by as I was supposed to be about 8 months prego, but we spent it in the NICU with our little preemie baby! But we did go out to dinner that night, which was a nice break. Not sure what we're doing this year, if anything.