Dress Fitting..How Far in Advance!!!????

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 soccergurl3

• 232 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:50 PM

I am getting married in July and i was wondering how far in advance should you get your dress fitted? I went 2 months ago to get it done and the seamstress turned me away because it was too soon?I don't get it my weight has only flucuated like 2 pounds in 5 years. I don't understand why I couldn't get it done! Well ladies how long did you wait before you got your dress fitted?

#2 BachataBride

• Banned
    • 9,310 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:05 PM

I got mine done a month before...then the final fitting was 2 weeks before. I picked it up a week before we left. I think it's best to wait...who knows what could happen with your body!

#3 lgarner83

• 530 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:47 PM

We were advised to come in about 6 weeks before we leave and then once again once it's altered.

• 391 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:24 PM

Im getting married in July and doing my dress 3rd week in May

#5 ilovepunch

• 49 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:14 PM

I'm going to have my first at the end of May and then the last one about 2 weeks before.

#6 JaimeLynne

• VIP Member
            • 4,791 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:52 PM

i went in for my first fitting about 2 weeks ago. need to call the lady back and see when i should come back!! I'm getting married May 24th but leaving on the 19th... so I did it about 6 weeks ahead of the day I need it.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
              "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users