Where do I start?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lizzyup

• Banned
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 01:26 PM

Last night we decided finally that we will get married in Italy. So now that this is decided, I'm not sure where to start. Is there a website or something I should read about Italy? How would I start planning for this?

#2 BachataBride

• Banned
    • 9,310 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 01:35 PM

Are you going to be dealing with a TA??
      Depending on the number of guests you are having this is probably your best option! For the most part, TAs are a great wealth of knowledge & experience. Search for a TA that specializes in Italy.
      Then I guess you have to look at a city & venue. Those are the big things that you would have to decide first I think.
      I'm not quite sure if there is an Italy section here, but check it out - you could be in luck!
      Good Luck with everything!!!

#3 Dmitri_Markine

• Vendor
      • 2,782 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:25 PM

For some images and general info you can google : weddings in italy.
        A lot of those sites have quite a bit of information and pictures

#4 jk1101

• 2,582 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:28 PM

COngratulations on making a decison. I would definitely work with a TA and start with googling...The Knot and Wedding Channel will probably have somw good info as well. Good Luck!

#5 BachataBride

• Banned
          • 9,310 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:29 PM

I did a quick google search & came up with these links...

Slow Travel Italy - Travel Consultants, travel agents, trip planning, wedding planner, special events
            Italy Travel Agents/Tour Operators/Tours/Tour Guides - Italiansrus.com
            Best Travel Agents Specializing in Italy | Travels .com

This should get you started!

#6 ehegwer

• 139 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:42 PM

I'd recommend talking with Sonia Gallina from Wedding Italy | Destination wedding italy | Wedding venues italy.

#7 GracieBebe

• 354 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:08 AM

I was also considering a wedding in Italy before we finally decided on France. I did a ton of research and can send you the various places that I got info about. Also, I would definitely recommend getting a WC and TA to handle everything in Italy for you. It just makes everything much more easy and convenient. Try Chateau and villa weddings - Plan a destination wedding in France and Italy. I first contacted them about venues and they sent me so much helpful info. And if you provide them a budget, they will keep everything within the price range you are looking for. PM me if you want the info I have on Italy. Congrats and Best Wishes!!!!
                - Grace
                Location - Chateau de Challain, Challain la Potherie, France
                Engagement Date - Sept. 6, 2008
                Wedding Date - Sept. 9, 2009
                Our Pro wedding photo website:http://fanelliweddin....l&startIndex=0Our wedding planning website:http://www.mywedding...graceandmichael

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users