Photo

Suggestions for what's missing from my OOT?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 GPBride2009

GPBride2009
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:28 AM

Hi everyone,

Well my OOT bags are coming along, I ordered them from Surf Board Members . com beach tote, hawaiian print beach tote, hibiscus print beach tote, hibiscus print, palm tree print, palm tree print beach tote, canvas bag, tropical print beach tote, beach bag, tropical print beach bag, hibiscus print beach bag, palm tree print beach (sorry for the long url) and I love them! The quality seems great, zipper and everything (but their not super big, not too much room for a towel...) and the guys are getting Cooler Bags that FI found at Canadian Tire (since the beach bags looked a little "girly", LOL) http://www.canadiant......unch+Bag.jsp

I feel like something is missing. (I have thought about towels, but they won't fit.) And this is what I have for fillers so far:

jar candle from Michaels (Tropical Paradise scent)
    mini hand sanitizer
    sunglass wipes (2 each bag)
    starfish/shell soap from Michaels
    notepad, with magnet
    Aloe Vera (150 ML)
    Guys bags - travel playing cards from Michaels

I am also planning a welcome letter/booklet, gotta work on that!

Any suggestions for other fillers? I can't find travel bug spray for the life of me, my guests aren't flip flop wearers (maybe 3 out of say 20) and towels won't fit. urghhhhh

And FI says not to bother with any more items because the bags itself are the gift, but I feel like since we already started with some fillers, I think we would need to actually fill the bag to a certain extent and not have only a few small items. Am I being too generous??

#2 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,368 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:54 AM

You need a pen for the notepad! Also, candy/food is a great thing to find when you get to your room.

#3 mfry

mfry
      • 86 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:54 AM

Here is a link where I got a lot of my stuff Click the image to open in full size.

here are wine stoppers I put in everone's bag.
        Click the image to open in full size.

here are the Koozies I got custom made.

here are the bottle openers I put in the guys bags instead of flip flops.
        Check out my wedding website!! www.wedpagedesigns.com/sinnott

#4 GoCubs!

GoCubs!
        • 52 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:52 PM

I definitely want to put bug spray in my OOT bags too b/c I hear the bugs are terrible in October. I haven't really looked yet, but someone on this forum recently posted Minimus.biz as a good site for travel sized items. Here is a link to what they have for bug sprays:
          Search Result Page - Minimus.biz

#5 seaprincess

seaprincess
          • 753 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:58 PM

We also had lip balm, Immodium, Advil, Q-Tips (thank god b/c we forgot ours)....
            Lindsay and Jamie - January 28, 2009

#6 tguerre

tguerre
            • 78 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 01:03 PM

I did beer bottle coozie, flip flop playing cards, beach mat, travel candle, journal, beach ball, and personalized beach safe along with the welcome letter. I got everything on Oriental Trading except the candle and journal. Here are some pics.

$2.99 each

$17.99/dozen

$7.99/Dozen

$7.99/Dozen
              34 Confirmed flights!!
              1 day til Florida!!
              7 days til the wedding!!

#7 jkhebsch

jkhebsch
              • 3 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:29 PM

I have water bottles, travel size advil, tums, and toothpaste, lip balm, sunscreen and aloe lotion, frisbees and/or footballs, tissues, mini travel candles, koozies, gum and am going to get labels and make small packages of nuts, candy, etc. - basically anything that won't melt. I still have 5 months to go, so we'll see if I end up putting anything else in there. Hope this helps.

#8 Jennifer Davis

Jennifer Davis
                • 582 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:29 PM

HOw about a "Tide To Go" stick. I carry one everywhere in case I spill! They work fantastic!

#9 islandbride317

islandbride317
                  • 1,866 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:38 AM

Hey GoCubs -- I checked out the site you suggested. What a God Send! I was wondering where in the world I might be able to find bug repellent in travel sizes, and they had just what I was looking for at awesome prices!

(My guests and I) thank you in advance for the tip!
                    Christie

#10 purrfected

purrfected
                    • 396 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 12:10 PM

I also checked out the minimus site for travel items that Go Cubs posted. I ordered first aid kits, pepto, advil and tobasco for my hangover kits.
                      This was a great site, thanks for the info!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users