Sign in to follow this  
RaydensMama

Venue Vent

I know this sorta sounds dumb but ever since we first started talking about weddings we always said that we would wait until June 28th was on a saturday because that was the day of our first date. (ya cheesey I know!) But when we started talking about a DW we decided to throw the idea out the window. And now since we are not going away we really want it back on our anniversary date. It will be 6 years on June 28th 2008 and it just kinda means a lot to us.

I really hope stuff goes well at the Nottawasaga too! Its so gorgeous there, I just hope the price doesnt kill us!

I'd just like to say that my anniversary is June 28th as well. That's fun.

Laura, I wanted the same thing too - Aaron and I were going to plan the wedding on Sept. 25/08 for our 8 year anniversary. I was SO bummed out when we couldn't have it then because of hurricane season (especially since we're going to Florida right after!). So I was talking to my mom about it one day and I asked her why she chose the date that she did... and besides the fact that it was the only day available during her school break (lol) - she said she liked the idea of making an otherwise normal day special! I loved that! So, May 9th is normally just another day (... and also the day after my brother's birthday!), but now it's such a special day for Aaron and me - PLUS we have September 25th. I'm just saying, maybe its not such a bad thing if you can't have your wedding on the 28th... then you'll have two special days!! :)

But that's a completely random side note, lets focus on the task at hand!! So, for this place that I can't pronounce or type that you're visiting on the 26th, you are going to bring a camera this time, right? Which one was it in the pictures? What are your favourite things about it? Did you ask them if they were available on the 28th?

OK here is how you say it... NOT AHHHHH WAAAAAHHHH SAW GA. LOL

OK, so the Nottawasaga was the last set of pictures. Ill post again so you can remember.

Click the image to open in full size.

I like that it is not too far away for everyone coming and that it is a resort so we dont have to worry about rooms and stuff. I also like that I dont have to worry about getting a lot of rentals (tables chairs etc) like I would have to at other places. I dont like that its a huge place though. I kinda wanted something a bit more private but it doesnt seem possible. I have been there though and it is gorgeous and the food is awesome. My sisters SIL was married there and she said it was amazing!

I will for sure bring a camera this time!!!

We never went sad.gif Since all this mortgage stuff happened we decided to kinda sit back and see about the money issue. So I have no clue what we are doing anymore. Robin says we should just go away and not get married for awhile (like years!) and I dont know what to do. I want a wedding but I know its a lot of money and we dont have a lot right now. Ugh its stressful and Im just blah about it.

That's so sad Laura. maybe you guys should just do a very simple wedding with just very close family, and then a few years from now throw a DW (or Home wedding) or vow renewal. That way, you'll be legally married, which is good for Rayden and possibly for loan paperwork, yet you can have the wedding of your dreams in a few years.