Venue Vent

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
  • VIP Member
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:14 PM

Well I had it all booked to go and check out the Southshore Centre. (That was the 2nd set of photos for anyone who saw the pics I posted) Well the girl set me up for an appt and then I emailed her to check what weekends were available for June 2008 and she told me none!! I couldnt beleive it! They are all booked up for June. The only thing we have wanted to keep the same since we have to have our wedding at home is the date. I was really wanting to get married here and now I cant! I didnt like Drysdales (the no a/c thing did it for me) and Nottawasaga isnt getting back to me. I am so stressed because I thought it was going really well now that we arent having a DW, but nope, all the same BS is coming up again. Im so sick of it!!!

#2 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:21 PM

they are already booked, crazy, can you do a Friday evening or Sunday afternoon, its usually cheaper anyway.
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#3 LadyP

LadyP
    • 3,156 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:23 PM

Was the date available when you went to see it? Can you tell us again why not the other places. I think I like the 3rd picture orlast picture best whey not there

#4 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
      • VIP Member
      • 2,861 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:37 PM

I never went to see it because it was booked. ANd its not any cheaper on Friday or Sunday. Only Monday thru Thursday. Also you rent it out for the whole day so it books quick I guess.
        I didnt like the 1st place because it was a lot of money for not a lot (no a/c no bathroom in reception area, etc.) and I am still waiting for the people to contact me from the 3rd place.
        So if anyone is in the GTA area and knows a good place let me know!!!

#5 LadyP

LadyP
        • 3,156 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:39 PM

I am so sorry that you are having so many problems trying to make your wedding day perfect. But I believe that if you have the problems now then there should not be any after the wedding.

#6 Christine

Christine
          • VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Napa, California
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:48 PM

I promise you will find a place, seriously I re-planned my entire wedding in 6 months and I found great places in a really popular location.
          Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#7 MelissaH

MelissaH
          • 1,724 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:54 PM

i'm tellin you girl...cranberry resort :P

#8 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
            • VIP Member
            • 2,861 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 09:31 AM

Haha, ok Melissa I took your choice and I tried to contact them for info and every time I hit the "submit" button it gives me a freakin error message!!!!!! Its a sign! LOL

#9 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
              • VIP Member
              • 2,861 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 10:48 AM

Nottawasaga just got back to me!!!! We have an appt at 1pm on the 26th!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 8,680 posts
                • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
                • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
                • LocationUtah

Posted 17 May 2007 - 10:57 AM

OK Laura well that's good that Nottawegga(sp?) got back to you and you have an apointment. I really hope this is the place and I'll cross my fingers for you that everything goes well...

as for the other place which was fully booked for June could you ask about the last weekend in May or the first weekend in July? Was there a specific reason for a june wedding?

good luck hun!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users