Photo

My dream of being barefoot.. shattered.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 yamille

yamille
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:44 PM

So... I went for my dress fitting tuesday and after much discussion decided that I will need to get the big wedge flop as i walk down the aisle. The seamstress convinced me that nobody will see it and that is best because if the shoe that I want to wear for the reception. Now i know that some brides had suggested that before becuase it looks better but I sort of had my heart set on walking down the aisle barefoot.

She basically told me that there was no way that she could make it work for both becuase of the material that is teh over lay of the dress- or something.

So.. where did you get your big white wedge flip flops from?

#2 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:47 PM

I got mine on sale from VS. I think they were $20. The details are in my planning thread.

#3 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
      • 1,083 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:51 PM

Ooohhh !! I am sorry that you couldn't make it work. Now I am nervous that when I go for my alterations that my seamstress will tell me the same thing. I really have my heart set on walking barefoot as well...

I agree with Erin that VS has some great ones at a good price; I would also check out Old Navy http://oldnavy.gap.c....052&tid=onfr1r.

Here are some that I found on a quick google search:
        http://www.weddingfa...m/dabrflfl.html
        http://www.valubride.com/dabrflfl.html

#4 yamille

yamille
        • 1,460 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:56 PM

Yes.. victoria's secret. That makes sense. Thanks Erin!

Shannon- Maybe your can make it work. She was saying something about the material... I'm not really sure. She has a very thick Italian accent and she just kept yelling "shoes" at me. We did have someone else come and translate- but she just looked at me and said "no" -shoes- "yes". I adore her. She also literally stuck her hand in the dress and cupped my breast to make it fit into the dress. ha ha. That was a surprise.

yeah I didn't want to argue about the shoes thing.

#5 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:59 PM

Yamille, if you really want to go barefoot, I still think you can. My dress was long enough for me to wear 4 inch heels for the reception and AHR, but I went barefoot. It was long, but I didn't trip and i loved that we were barefoot!

#6 wahmsuzanne

wahmsuzanne
            • 131 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:12 PM

I'm going through pretty much the same thing ... my dress is too long so I can pay an extra $75 for the hem or get the wedge flip flops ... I too wanted to be barefoot but I guess on the scale of life this is not the end of the world. *SmiLes* Suzanne

#7 KatyKo

KatyKo
              • 851 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:19 PM

I am having this issue too. I decided I wanted to be barefoot, so I got my dress hemmed to be just long enough to wear flip flops after the ceremony and now I want to wear heels. At least she let you know before you got the dress altered. Now I'm trying to find cute shoes with less than 2" heels and that isn't very ease - although I think I might have found some

Good luck!

#8 tguerre

tguerre
                • 78 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:20 PM

I did 2 inch heels so it drags a bit on the beach, but I am just going to walk on the balls of my feet. Same for pictures. I am too worried about tripping in wedge flip flops.
                  34 Confirmed flights!!
                  1 day til Florida!!
                  7 days til the wedding!!

#9 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:24 PM

Honestly, it wasn't that bad. My dress was able to accommodate my 4 inch heels for the reception and I went barefoot on the beach. I didn't have to walk on the balls of my feet or anything else fancy. It was fine, for real!

#10 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
                    • 2,777 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:53 PM

I'm going barefoot, and was really set on heels for the reception, but truthfully our reception is going for almost 7 hours and I knew I would end up kicking of my heels before that with all the dancing I'm going to be doing. So, I'm going to either wear flip flops, or like ballet slippers for the receptions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users