• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 jenniferstratton

• 90 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:53 AM

Is it wrong to use a friend's DW as your honeymoon?
    Fit for 2010!

#2 lakerbride

• 153 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:49 AM

Absolutely not! times are tough and we have to travel according to budget- just remember you have some social obligation to the wedding couple but I am sure you can manage A LOT of alone time with your hubby. Splurge on the upgrade and get the better room- let the resort know you are on your honeymoon as well. Congratulations on your marriage!

#3 ~Debra~

• 500 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:06 AM

I don't think its wrong at all. My FI's best friend, who is also his best man in our wedding just got married in January and him and his wife are using our wedding in Jamaica as their honeymoon. They will be there the exact same days as us. I don't mind at all.

#4 BachataBride

• Banned
        • 9,310 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:15 AM

It is absolutely fine!! Just as long as it is a vacation for you - are you expected to attend a lot of functions the b&g are holding? If its going to be very busy then it will not be a very nice hm for you...otherwise go for it!

Have to ask...where in Canada?? Where does your family come from?? My last name is Stratton also!

#5 jdrewett

• 171 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:19 PM

I think it's perfectly acceptable. I love that many of my guests are making this their vacation and getting excited about the trip. :)

#6 2Blessed2Stress

• 35 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 11:18 AM

IMO, I think there's nothing wrong with it. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Your friend will just be happy you made it.

#7 JanineA

• 2,482 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 02:33 PM

I don't think there is anything wrong with it at all. Quite a few of my friends are making our wedding their vacation and my bff is actually using the trip to propose to his gf. He was going to wisk her away on vacation and propose to her on a beach in the caribbean, our DW worked out perfectly for him to save money and still follow through with his plan.

#8 niajs

• 214 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:06 AM

Definitely acceptable. We are getting married in 2012 and my sister, my best friend and FI's brother are all getting married in 2011 and are saving their honeymoon until our DW.

#9 clgriffi7

• Banned
                  • 630 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:21 AM

I agree with all of the other ladies - perfectly acceptable!!  As long as you and your husband are willing to spend some time with the larger wedding group, then there should be no issue.  The bride and groom will certainly understand that if you were to take a separate honeymoon, then you would likely not be able to afford/have the vacation days to attend their wedding as well.

#10 adales

• Site Supporter
                    • 545 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 10:22 PM

Totally fine!  We have friends attending our wedding and making it their honeymoon.  And we have another couple who will be celebrating their 10 yr anniversary and they are renewing their vows a few days before our wedding down there also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users