Sign in to follow this  
farrahla

What should I do?

My wedding is in four months and I really want to start planning. I have talked with some other wedding planning services, that get right back to me with information. However, the Villa I am planning this at claims their in-house coordinator is extremely great, and I will save money by using "in house". I have heard she does "high end weddings" and is extremely familiar with the Villa. I hear she is excellent. However, she has so much trouble getting back to me, so we can get started with the process. It took her weeks to finally give me her rates, then she said she'd give me an estimated invoice on Monday with pictures, and different rates. However, it is now Wednesday and no word from her. My fiance says to drop her, however I know this particular Villa is sort of particular about other people coming on their property. I am trying to be patient with her, but what if she does this after I have given her my deposit.

I really want someone who knows the Villa extremely well, but she is making me a nervous bride. What do you think?

I have totally been there and know how annoying that is. I would have to say that I agree with your FH. If you're willing to dish out all that money for your wedding, the least the WC can do is get back to you with the info on the day she says she will. If this is a glimpse of how attentive she is you may want to rethink using her. The last thing that you want on the days leading up to your wedding is a WC that leaves you worring about the turn out of your big day. I would check out the forum and see if anyone else has had a similar experience the the same WC or if they went with someone else maybe they can give you a recommendation.

I am sorry to hear that you are having concerns over your wedding coordinator. I hope you have a successful planning experience and are able to find vendors you require to make your day amazing. :-)

It sucks waiting forever to get responses from your WC - but just remember - they are EXTREMELY busy, and 9 out of 10 times they will treat your wedding like the only one there, I can't speak for all resort WC's but ours was awesome - maybe you can find someone else who has been married where you want to get married, and get feedback from them on the WC there. Good Luck!