Photo

ATTN: Conquest Vacations filed for bankruptcy today!!!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
  • Vendor
  • 2,782 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:46 PM

They were quite popular with Mexico and Cuba trips. I am sure some brides here used them too for their upcoming weddings. bummer!!

Conquest Vacations goes out of business effective immediately - Yahoo! Canada Finance

#2 CaboBride2010

CaboBride2010
    • Banned
    • 248 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:48 PM

Hey everyone just thought I would post this from Conquest Vacation's website, since they have gone bankrupt and I am hoping no one on here has booked flights with them, or that none of your guests have.

Here is their website link: Conquest Vacations - Click here and you are there.

And this is what is written on their site:

Announcement
      Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Conquest Vacations Inc. announced today the cessation of its tour operations effective immediately.

Customers who are booked and paid using cash/check through a travel agency are requested to contact their respective agency who will assist you with respect to a refund or claim.

Customers who have booked directly with Conquest Vacations will be contacted or should they wish to contact Conquest, please email to directcustomers@conquestvacations.com with a booking reference number.

Customers who have booked and paid for their future travel using a credit card, should contact their credit card issuing institution for a refund.

Conquest Vacations regrets the inconvenience caused to the passengers due to cessation of its operations. Unfortunately this has been a result of overcapacity and price war among the major tour operators, unrealistic and unreasonable demands by the credit card processing companies, credit squeeze and economic turmoil in recent months making it impossible for companies like Conquest to continue in business even after weathering many storms over the past 37 years.

Good luck to anyone who has booked with this company!

#3 CaboBride2010

CaboBride2010
      • Banned
      • 248 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:47 PM

I just started a thread about this like two minutes ago...
        http://bestdestinati....919#post763481

I posted the info directly from Conquest's site

#4 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
        • 413 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 06:02 PM

Ah - you beat me to it...I was just going to come and post this info...

I hope there aren't too many brides that will be affected by this...call your TA immediately if you are booked with Conquest!

Lindsay

#5 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 06:08 PM

FYI: I merged these 2 threads.

#6 CaboBride2010

CaboBride2010
            • Banned
            • 248 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 06:09 PM

thanks Ann!

#7 jennierin

jennierin
              • 847 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:38 PM

The sad part about all of this is that they were still booking travel the day before they went out of business.

Some people who are abroad right now are having problems with the resorts threatening to kick them out due to lack of payment. The news here in Toronto is basically telling us that approx. 200 + guests at the Oasis Cancun are being kicked out unless they pay the full amount (that they have already paid to Conquest) of their accommodations and if they don't that they will have the Police involved. Apparently Conquest has not paid the resort yet. I really feel for these people and hope and pray that everything works out for them.

I'm happy that I haven't booked my wedding guests through Conquest but it doesn't ease my mind very much seeing as though none of Conquests customers knew what was coming. It was pretty shady of that company the way they handled everything.
                http://i591.photobuc....n/DSC04983.jpg
                First Kiss as a Mr & Mrs!!!

#8 CaboBride2010

CaboBride2010
                • Banned
                • 248 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:13 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jennierin
                  The sad part about all of this is that they were still booking travel the day before they went out of business.

Some people who are abroad right now are having problems with the resorts threatening to kick them out due to lack of payment. The news here in Toronto is basically telling us that approx. 200 + guests at the Oasis Cancun are being kicked out unless they pay the full amount (that they have already paid to Conquest) of their accommodations and if they don't that they will have the Police involved. Apparently Conquest has not paid the resort yet. I really feel for these people and hope and pray that everything works out for them.

I'm happy that I haven't booked my wedding guests through Conquest but it doesn't ease my mind very much seeing as though none of Conquests customers knew what was coming. It was pretty shady of that company the way they handled everything.

Wow that is absolutely terrible that they were still booking vacations the day before!! And also sorry but is Oasis Cancun stupid?! Obviously the people down there won't have the money handy to pay for the vacation they already paid for!! And what are they going to do about flying home?? I really feel for these people...

#9 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
                  • Vendor
                  • 2,782 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:38 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jennierin

That's just BAD! I mean, now they can't fly home and can't stay there. I am sure Conquest new about all of this and could have given at least 1-2 week notice to all their clients. Agreed, very shady,especially for a company that was around for so many years!

#10 CaboBride2010

CaboBride2010
                    • Banned
                    • 248 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:49 PM

but seriously where are the resorts expecting people to get money from to pay for a vacation that they already paid for?!?! its crazy...so much for people being able to relax on vacation..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users