Evite for Couples Shower

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 HotTamale

HotTamale
  • 304 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 11:49 AM

Ladies,

What are your thoughts on using Evite for our couples shower? The shower is May 16th, and we're inviting close to 55-people, which all use email.

I'm strapped for cash, my bridesmaids are strapped for cash, especially with final trip deposits due next week.

The couples shower is going to be a Mexican fiesta, margarita's, beer, Mexican food, music - a BIG party.

Is it tacky for me to use Evite? Thoughts/Suggesstion?

Much Love! XOXOXOX

#2 Jess

Jess
    • 4,455 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:20 PM

I don't think its tacky for just a shower - I say go for it!

if you don't want to do evite I would do www.vistaprint.com - you can get pretty much free deals on there so all that you would pay for would be postage

#3 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
      • 1,681 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:23 PM

I agree with Jess. It's not tacky and Vistaprint has super cheap invites! Sounds like the shower will be tons of fun!

#4 jenniferstratton

jenniferstratton
        • 90 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:04 PM

I say do it! As long as everyone you want there can get their invite there shouldn't be any problems with it. Hehe you might save a tree while you're at it
          Fit for 2010!

#5 calchik

calchik
          • 166 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:20 AM

i did an evite shower invitation for our friends. the internet is how everyone is communicating these days anyways.

my parents insisted on paper invites though. so they gave paper invites to our family and family friends. maybe do both esp if you're unsure if some people will check their email.

#6 poohshek

poohshek
            • 1,456 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 12:03 AM

Not at all! I used evite.com for "Save The Date" communication and it was quick and effective. Not to mention "FREE"! :)

#7 HotTamale

HotTamale
              • 304 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 08:38 AM

Thank you girls so much, this make me feel a lot better, and I think I may combine some inexpensive paper invites from Vista Print for the "more mature" :) friends and family that don't heavily use the internet!

Muchos Besos!

#8 eloping789

eloping789
                • 290 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:13 AM

I don't think it's a problem at all ... I sent baby shower evites for a friend's shower last summer and then printed a few matching paper invites for the few who didn't have email. Worked out great and I just carried the theme of the invite through to the cake and everyone loved it!

#9 moepeedy

moepeedy
                  • 491 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:35 PM

There's nothing wrong with Evite. What's important is your celebrating your special day with all your friends and family.
                    Moe's Plannin Thread Super Long

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t45234

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users