Make-Up By Suzanne Morel

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Natashak

Natashak
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 11:09 AM

Hello Ladies,

So I have Suzanne booked for my make-up on the day of my wedding. For those of you who have used her how did your foundation look & feel? I know it may be a dumb question but I don't ever wear foundation & I am a little nervous about it looking caked on & fake. Also did any of you bring any of your own make-up or did you find that she had everything you needed?

Thanks so much!

Natasha

#2 Natashak

Natashak
    • 93 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:09 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by dolcegirl01
      Hi Natasha,

I used Suzanne for my hair and makeup and I loved the way it looked. I think the foundation can be on the thick side, but if you tell her you don't like it think she can accommodate. She typically brings everything (in these really *big* boxes) the only thing I used was my own lip gloss (they don't give you one to reapply throughout the night, so you should figure out what you want and bring it) and moisturizer.

I also did a make-up trial since I was really nervous about it and didn't want it too look "too made up" since I don't normally wear much makeup (I use tinted moisturizer and not foundation).

I can post pictures if you want to see up close :)

-kate

Hi Kate,

I would love to see some pics if you don't mind. Would you say it was worth it to have the make-over before your actual wedding day? I didn't book one but thinking maybe I should now. Also did you bring some pictures of make-up that you liked with you or did you just tell her what you wanted?

Thanks!

Natasha

#3 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
      • 1,326 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:55 PM

Quote:
        Oh and to answer your question, she has a whole book of bride pictures so you can point out what you like. I just wanted something natural. She does *lots* of weddings and brides so I think she and her staff know generally how to play up your natural features.

Thanks for the tips. I'm going to shop fo a lipgloss today becaue I would not have even thought about that until you brought it up.

#4 abbygirl

abbygirl
        • 57 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:13 AM

Thanks for the tip with bringing your own lipstick or gloss!! Good point :)

I am booked with Suzanne as well, but I am not having a trial done. I've heard some many good reviews that I just thought there is no need to worry!!

Question: Do you think Suzanne's salon does just regular hairstyles - or do you think they can be creative? I heard from one bride that their salon only does basic styles. What do you think? I am looking for something natural anyways, but just curious!!

#5 Kelly C

Kelly C
          • 2,051 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:16 AM

I think she will do whatever you want. She uses Mac products so I went to the Mac counter before I left and got lip liner and stick to have as my own refresher.
            Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#6 Natashak

Natashak
            • 93 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 12:38 PM

Quote:
              No problem! yeah, the lipstick they used looked so cute, but they took it with them! And I had my lip gloss but it wasn't nearly as pretty--I was soooo bummed!
              Did you bring your own powder compact to reapply during the day or did you not need it?

Thanks

#7 Natashak

Natashak
              • 93 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:39 PM

Quote:
                I didn't, but I don't normally wear powder. They don't leave anything with you, so if you normally reapply things I would be sure to bring it along. I reapply lipstick/gloss constantly.
                Thanks for your help!

#8 iwantadreamswedding

iwantadreamswedding
                • 327 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:55 AM

Does anybody know if she does body makeup as well. By that I mean, did she do your chest and back so that all of the exposed skin would look uniform/perfect?.

#9 iwantadreamswedding

iwantadreamswedding
                  • 327 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:20 AM

yeah, i emailed yesterday morning, no response yet. i know they are probably super busy.

#10 iwantadreamswedding

iwantadreamswedding
                    • 327 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:44 AM

okay, well, I got a response soon after my last post. They do body makeup, as well as body bronzing. I just booked her, I'm so excited!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users