Sign in to follow this  
Tisha316

Destination Wedding in the works...

Welcome to the forum! Mexico is definitely a popular destination... there are many beautiful boutique and resort hotels along with a well developed destination wedding industry (hence you can get things done). As well Mexico is easily accessible from the states. I hope you have a successful planning experience and are able to find vendors you require to make your day amazing!

congrats and welcome to the forum, there is lots of useful information to help you to decide your destination and to help you with your planning.

hi,

congrats its great fun.set a budget keep check of it and no matter what no excuses don,t go over it.if you go to a riu resort they have hotels ranging from 5 star to 3 star.therefore it makes it cheaper for them if they want to stay in a cheaper hotel.or get married in a cheaper hotel and move to a really nice hotel for you honeymoon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisha316 View Post
Hey everyone...i am new to this site and newly engaged on the 27th of March. I plan to have a destination wedding, but i need some help and guidance of how I can make this happen while keeping it affordable and make sure my friends and family can afford it. if anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!!
first things first. set your budget--and stick to it. i highly recommend purchasing a wedding planner.
Complete Wedding Planner & Organizer, Elizabeth Lluch, Book - Barnes & Noble

since purchasing mine, it has kept me so organized. the best thing about it is it has a budget spread sheet that break everything down! trust me, it's just the FI and I paying for the wedding without the help of anyone. so i know all too well in keeping things affordable.

have you chosen a location yet?

Hello Tisha and welcome to the forum. First congrats on your recent engagement. A DW wedding can be done at a very reasonable price, I think you just have to start by coming up with a budget and then seeing what you can do for that. If you have any specific questions, let us know and we'll try to help.

Happy planning