Photo

About to SCREAM!!!!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 nicmicj

nicmicj
  • 244 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:29 PM

I am about to scream, well actually - I AM SCREAMING!!!! I put my place up for sale in February and finally got a buyer. You would think that would be great which it is, but they want to close by April 29th. I only have about 2 weeks to get everything packed while working full time, taking 2 classes to get my MBA, planning my wedding, and then going out of town to visit my family on April 30th. I feel like I just don't have time. This is crazy. I am happy that I have a buyer and very thankful for that. I just wish I had a little bit more time.

#2 bride7474

bride7474
    • 582 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:33 PM

Yikes! I do not envy you!!

#3 Jingles202

Jingles202
      • 41 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:35 PM

CONGRATS on the Buyer....I'm a real estate and I can't tell you how slow the market is in the Washington DC area. I feel your pain however! Breathe...lol

#4 jk1101

jk1101
        • 2,582 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:36 PM

Take some deep breaths....grab some wine....or some xanax if you have any....whatever works! Make a list of everything you have to do and then just tackle it one at a time. You can do it!

#5 Vikki

Vikki
          • 807 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:40 PM

Ouch - can you just rent a huge storage unit, throw everything in boxes and park it there for a month? It will be more work in the end but sometimes just buying some extra time now is worth the extra work later.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Jingles202
            CONGRATS on the Buyer....I'm a real estate and I can't tell you how slow the market is in the Washington DC area. I feel your pain however! Breathe...lol
            Ugh...don't I know it. My fiance has a house on the market there....

#6 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
            • 475 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:41 PM

YIKES! I do not envy you. I would second the recommendation to...grab a glass of wine, make a list and takle everything one step at a time....and if you can enlist as much help as possible!
              Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#7 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
              • VIP Member
              • 4,791 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:22 PM

Oh wow! We want to sell our place but haven't put it up yet for that very reason! Too much going on!! We also live in Dallas - you're lucky to have sold it! Maybe just try and concentrate really hard on that?? I know that advice sucks, sorry... Just a sticky situation! Vent all you want here - good place to get these things out!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#8 sunset78

sunset78
                • 1,280 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:39 AM

That does suck... Seems like sometimes everything hits all at once. Can you get people to help pack and move you?

#9 nicmicj

nicmicj
                  • 244 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:41 PM

I can get a couple people but I just don't want to inconvenience anyone. They just had the inspection today and I am hoping everything goes well and I don't get hit with another reason to scream again. I need boxes and I need more time in a day.

#10 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
                    • 1,097 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:07 PM

Please don't scream but consider yourself very fortunate. I am sure you prepared yourself for if an offer cam in quickly or if it did not. Either way, good luck with planning, pay someone else to do all the dirty work for you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users