Photo

Turks&Caicos wedding, April 6, 2009

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#11 Karol

Karol
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 01:27 PM

Thanks, Blacksred! I'm working on Day 2 now!

I'm happy to answer any questions for brides on this board. Please email me at ksheinin at gmail.com (replace "at" with @)

#12 taxchick

taxchick
    • 20 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:40 PM

Hi Karol,

The pictures of day 1 are absolutely beautiful. Was it really pricey to go to Turks and Caicos?

I'm back to stage 1 since I am no longer going to Mexico.

Thanks

#13 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
      • 1,326 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:49 PM

Ooh! It looks nice! Great location!

#14 blacksred

blacksred
        • 26 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:47 AM

Soon to be gomez Turks is more expensive than say jamaica but its not as expensive as some other islands I personally have looked at. It really depends on what you want.

#15 Karol

Karol
          • 18 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:00 AM

Taxchick, T&C is fairly expensive but, I think, worth it for what you're getting. It's private and remote (yet reachable with direct flights from NY, Miami, Philly) in a way a lot of other islands are not.

#16 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
            • 1,047 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:23 PM

I just got back yesterday from Beaches Turks & Caicos- what an amazing property! It has 3 villages that all offer a different ambiance but provides a vacation for whatever your in the mood for!

The French Village was very quiet and set back, the rooms were really large and very nice! I didn't have any complaints about mine at all!

The Caribbean village had brighter colors, lots of flowers & foliage,was closest to the beach and the rooms that I saw were great! Not sure about the lower categroy rooms though as we didn't see those.

The new Italien village was the busiest area- a bit more high rise than the others but very upscale & elegant! Amazing rooms!

You have access to the entire property so the choices are endless! Definately try the Cafe de Paris- great cookies, crepes & chilled mocha cappecinos!

There are a ton of restaurants (16) with amazing food and snack shacks throughout the property and the beach is wonderful!

I loved that it was all inclusive and offered something for everyone! From the little kids to teenagers to the older couples who went without any kids! I would even recommend this for honeymooners as there are adult only restaurants & hot tub but honestly the kids we saw were so well behaved and busy that it wasn't an issue!

The airport- welllll.......definately needs some upgrades and be sure to use the restroom on the plane as there isn't one until after you leave customs and then you have to go outside and walk in at the departure area!

Hopefully by the end of next week I'll have my pics & a full report up in the Sandals section!

#17 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,532 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:14 PM

Congrats! This hotel looks gorgeous! It's actually one of the top 2 we are considering for our honeymoon (it just got added to the potential list 2 days ago). Your pictures definitely helped! Thanks!

#18 Karol

Karol
                • 18 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 03:14 PM

My pre-ceremony chapter is now up, with pics: Wedding Planning Is Killing Me: April 6, 2009 Pre-ceremony

I think brides may be inspired by the bathtub pic. :-)

My brother saw it and wanted one of himself the next day, lol: Ronnie on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

#19 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 9,532 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 03:29 PM

Awesome Karol - I love your blog!

#20 Karol

Karol
                    • 18 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 06:02 PM

Thank you, Heather! I really recommend you honeymoon there. I wish we had stayed there after the wedding (we switched to Parrot Cay which I'll be blogging about soon). Gansevoort was just so amazing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users