Who loves to Read???

• Please log in to reply
441 replies to this topic

#341 Valentine_Baby

• 452 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:50 AM

I was intrigued by your post so had to google the wedding series lol

needless to say i've got the first book on hold at the library now :)

Originally Posted by QSciberras 

I LOVE to read too! Has anyone read the wedding series by Nora Roberts?? AMAZING! I am not normally a Nora Roberts Fan but these books are great!  The fourth and final one in the series hasn't come out yet but the first three are great! 

#342 QSciberras

• 45 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:57 AM

Oh you will love them! I would reserve all three of them, because you won't be able to put them down! They are pretty books too! LOL It kinda like Sex and the City meets the wedding planning business! Let me know what you think!

#343 Birdie07

• 1,218 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:01 PM

I have the sony e-reader. Light as a paperback. LOVE IT. Books are cheaper than bookstores. Get a brand new book for less than ten bucks, when hardback in the store would be 20 bucks or more. I have saved so much money using my e-reader. Plus I can fit a ton of books in it and take it instead of lugging heavy books. Great for travelling! And yes, laying in bed and holding it is so much nicer than flipping every five minutes and turning pages!!!

Originally Posted by BachataBride 

Is the ereader heavy? I don't even like reading hardcovers because they are heavier than paperback! I don't think I could get used to it...although, it does sound really convenient! Are the books cheaper that way too?

#344 BachataBride

• Banned
        • 9,310 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:39 AM

Thanks ladies...I just might have to look into one of these things!! Or it could be a great christmas present!!

#345 AshleyL

• 263 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:25 AM

I have an iPad and have downloaded a few books on it. Definitely nice for traveling but IMO nothing beats having a book in my hands. I'm a traditionalist I guess. Oh and I do a lot of reading in the bathtub and I'm too afraid of dropping my iPad to take it in there with me.
            Getting married in Runaway Bay, Jamaica February 2011!!!

#346 BachataBride

• Banned
            • 9,310 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:02 AM

LOL...I understand that Ashley!!

#347 T&C

• 168 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:54 PM

The price of ebooks is actually cheaper than the ones in stores! And I totally agree with all the 'pros' that Lyndsay posted! Fitting a ton of books on one small device is a huge plus for me because I read sooooo quickly!

#348 hockeymom97

• 2,458 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:07 PM

Everytime I see this thread I tell myslef I'm going to check it out but then I get distracted, etc and never get around to it. But I absolutely LOVE to read. I just wish I had more time for it. A friend just got me into the Stephanie Plum series and I've finished the first 2 in the past week and just started on 3 (also bought 4 and 5 so I have those ready to go as well).

Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

#349 Crystalballl

• 406 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:09 PM

Sooo glad to hear "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" is good!  I'm about to pick it up in a day or two.  Right now i am reading Secret Daughter by Shilipi Gowda, it's really really good!!!

I think I have to check out an E Reader too!!  How much do they run? (Canadian) Or a recommended brand to buy?!!

#350 hockeymom97

• 2,458 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:19 PM

I keep thinking about an E reader but undecided. I think I'm more of a traditionalist that might missing having an actual book to hold. But I also love technology and have seriously been thinking about an ipad. I read some reviews that the ipad isn't as clear when it comes to books as a kindle tho....has anyone actually compared the 2?

Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users