Photo

Who loves to Read???

• Please log in to reply
441 replies to this topic

#331 janapana

janapana
  • 591 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:50 AM

Oh i loved shadow of the wind too, didn't know there was a second, haven't heard of the dragon tattoo series, have to  have a look-see.

#332 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
    • 4,512 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 05:45 AM

Ok so I just finished "Snowflower and the secret fan" by Lisa See.  Definitely not at the top of my list but it was interesting.  I just found parts of the book seemed to drag, then it would pick up and then drag again.  It just didn't leave me with that satisfied feeling that I normally have when I'm done a book.  It was more of a "thank god this book is over" feeling.  It was starting to feel like a chore sometimes. 

Last night I started "change of heart" by Jodi Picoult.  I'll keep you posted on that one!!!  I think a few on here have read it and said it was good?!

*Formerly Nikki07*
      My Planning Thread

#333 abbie32

abbie32
      • 89 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 05:59 AM

I just finished reading two books and they were both excellent! I couldn't put them down. "The Glass Castle" by Jeannette Walls and "Still Alice" by Lisa Genova. I highly recommend these books!

I just started reading the last book of the Twilight series, "Breaking Dawn". haha  

For anyone that is trying to decide on whether or not to read "Eat, Pray, Love" I would say give it at try. I really enjoyed the book. I found the middle section of the book when she was in India to be a little slow at times but overall the book is worth the read!

So glad I found this thread....I love to read and this will give me great ideas for more books! Thanks ladies! :-)

#334 rachel112233

rachel112233
        • 20 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:03 AM

I loves to read on many topics like politics, entertainment, sports.

#335 T&C

T&C
          • 168 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:36 PM

I'm reading Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides

Just finished Treasure Island - it's a classic and I'd never read it!! I enjoyed it. FH bought me an e-reader for my bday so I'm breaking it in!

#336 KaytlinJean

KaytlinJean
            • 178 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by T&C 

I'm reading Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides

Just finished Treasure Island - it's a classic and I'd never read it!! I enjoyed it. FH bought me an e-reader for my bday so I'm breaking it in!

I absolutely love Treasure Island! 

One of my favorite authors is Karen Kingsbury. She is a fiction book author.

#337 lyndsay_h

lyndsay_h
              • 218 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:26 PM

Sweet!  I love my ereader so much!  When my daughter broke my mine and it wasn't fixable ($500 repair for a $250 reader...wtf?) I was so upset that my fmil bought me a new one.  It's so convenient you just can't go back to books on paper lol 

Originally Posted by T&C

#338 BachataBride

BachataBride
                • Banned
                • 9,310 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:06 AM

Is the ereader heavy? I don't even like reading hardcovers because they are heavier than paperback! I don't think I could get used to it...although, it does sound really convenient! Are the books cheaper that way too?

#339 lyndsay_h

lyndsay_h
                  • 218 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:19 AM

Noo its so light, and smaller than books so you can bring it anywhere, plus if you're on vacation you only have to bring the one with all your books on it instead of a bunch of books.  I love that I can read while I'm eating because unlike a book it sits on its open, you dont have to hold it open to a page...If you're reading lying down the words are always on the right side and if you start to fall asleep a big book doesn't whack you when it falls over...and it saves your page for you!  

I think the price of an ebook is about the same as a paperback, but you can also download them the same for free the same way you would get mp3s.

#340 QSciberras

QSciberras
                    • 45 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:24 AM

I LOVE to read too! Has anyone read the wedding series by Nora Roberts?? AMAZING! I am not normally a Nora Roberts Fan but these books are great!  The fourth and final one in the series hasn't come out yet but the first three are great! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users