Twilight Series
    Sookie Stackhouse Series
    Little Earthquakes
    Love & Other Impossible Pursuits
    Dogs of Babel
    The Dirty Girls Social Club
    Make Him Look Good

I could go on & on.
    The Dirty Girls Social Club is one of my FAVs!! :-)
    Married @ Dreams Cancun 06/24/09
    My Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....24-09-a-45066/Pics By Juan Navarrohttp://www.facebook.....9&l=32db696cd3

#22 hanna

hanna
    • 223 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:13 PM

Emily Giffin series is great, highly recommend - although I still need to read Love the One You're With..

I am reading Remember Me by Sophie Kinsella, it is awesome so far. I read her Confessions of a Shopaholic which I thought was ok.

Just starting a Book Swap Club with my friends in DC. Rather than doing a traditional book club where we all read the same book, we are doing a swap. So we will get together for some wine and food, hang out and swap books that we have liked. That way we have a reason to all get together, and can swap out our fave books for some new ones.

I have really gotten back into reading, especially since I live in DC and I have a 45 minute metro commute each way.. so I go through a book a week.

#23 kris

kris
      • 506 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:24 PM

I too am reading the Emily Giffin series...it's sooo good! Another really good series (if you like to laugh) is Janet Evanovich's series (1st book is one for the money) there's like 14, theyre really good though and will definately make you laugh out loud!

#24 KAMAY11

KAMAY11
        • 456 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:28 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by ddiinnyyeell
          I just started reading "Something Borrowed" by Emily Giffin. It'll make you second guess your maid of honor!!
          I just read that and the follow-up: Something Blue. I also just started Baby Proof! Thus far i really like Emily Giffin....her books are very true and deal with life-like characters and feelings.
          D & K
          October 16th, 2008-Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas

http://tickers.Ticke....7276/event.png

#25 Cattie

Cattie
          • 594 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:31 PM

I *LOVE* James Patterson and Mary Higgins Clark. I'm reading my first John Grisham book now, The Appeal. Oh and we can't forget the Harry Potter books, they are what managed to create my reading frenzie!

What type of author is Emily Giffin? I really can't do sappy love stories, I love the suspense thriller books.

#26 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
            • 1,326 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:32 PM

I would like to read an autobiography on someone famous just because I'm curious. Soes anyone suggest any good ones.

#27 Jenn79

Jenn79
              • 625 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 07:35 PM

Reading is like breathing to me...If I don't have a book to read, I feel like part of me is missing. I will read pretty much anything, but am partial to historical fiction and mystery/thriller/horror type books.

Some of my faves (in no partcilar order):
                The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
                Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
                The Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer (totally obsessed with these, don't get me started talking about them or I may not shut up)
                Swan Song by Robert McCammon
                The Stand by Stephen King
                Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
                Emma by Jane Austen
                White Oleander by Janet Fitch
                The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides
                The Host by Stephenie Meyer
                Watchers by Dean Koontz
                The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
                The Sweet Hereafter by Russell Banks
                Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon
                Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
                Circle of Friends by Maeve Binchy
                The Cider House Rules by James Irving

ok...I think I'll stop there....but just so you can see, here's a picture of my personal library, I like to own the books I read
                Jennifer Hill Holmes's Photos | Facebook
                Jenn & Timm, May 10, 2007
                Review Pictures Pro Pictures
                "i write to be read" Fiction by Timm Holmes

#28 Jenn79

Jenn79
                • 625 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 07:38 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
                  I would like to read an autobiography on someone famous just because I'm curious. Soes anyone suggest any good ones.
                  Do you remember the girl who played Liesl from The Sound of Music? She wrote an autobio a few years back that is pretty good, called Forever Liesl (author Charmian Carr)

Then there's the figure skater Ekaterina Gordeeva who wrote her autobio, My Sergei, chronicling her career with her partner and husband, Sergei Grinkov.

And just because his story was really fun to read, Slash (from Guns n Roses) wrote an autobio a couple years ago too.
                  Jenn & Timm, May 10, 2007
                  Review Pictures Pro Pictures
                  "i write to be read" Fiction by Timm Holmes

#29 EDRBride2009

EDRBride2009
                  • 278 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:18 PM

I also love reading. My taste in books is all over the place!
                    Enjoyed the Twilight series, the Shopaholic books, the Emily Griffin books.
                    I like the Jodi Picoult books, but some of them more than others.
                    Steven Berry, Stephen King, Clive Cussler, I could go on and on
                    However, I LOVE the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. I'm currently reading it again for about the 5th time! Need to refresh the memory before the last book comes out in September

#30 Latinhunny33

Latinhunny33
                    • 72 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:27 PM

Loveeeee Time Traveler's Wife ... My favorite book ever .. hands down.
                      Did you know they're filming the movie version with Rachel McAdams & Eric Bana? Yay!

Water for Elephants was excellent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users