441 replies to this topic

#251 aimee!

aimee!
  • 696 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 01:43 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mischaka
    Right now i'm ready Sookie Stackhouse.
    me too! i finally started reading them. about time since they've been sitting on the shelf since summer! lol... i'm on book 5, and i can't get enough! i love them!

has anyone read her fearful symmetry by audrey niffenegger (time travelers wife) ? i'm wondering if it's worth breaking on sookie to spend some time on it.
    Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#252 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
    • 5,649 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 01:52 AM

Aimee - OT but I saw your pics on Sascha's blog, you looked amazing! Speaking of the time traveler's wife, it's out on DVD today! :) I hope it's close to the book, though I doubt it will be lol.

#253 **Kat**

**Kat**
      • 2,682 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:03 PM

I havent read the book, but I really loved the movie!

#254 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
        • 4,512 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:45 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by CaliaA07
          I should clarify. I'm a former LDS not FLDS member. Elissa was in the FLDS (Fundamentalist LDS)....so the LDS does not practice polygamy like the FLDS. I will get that list to you.
          Hmmm I didn't know that either! Thanks!

Quote:
          Originally Posted by ~*Kathy*~
          Aimee - OT but I saw your pics on Sascha's blog, you looked amazing! Speaking of the time traveler's wife, it's out on DVD today! :) I hope it's close to the book, though I doubt it will be lol.
          They played this movie on the plane on the way back from Mexico. I fell asleep near the end, but from what I remember it did follow the story line of the book. Way better than my sister's keeper IMO.
          *Formerly Nikki07*
          My Planning Thread

#255 aimee!

aimee!
          • 696 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 03:29 PM

Quote:
            aww, thanks!

I've heard good things about the movie- I haven't seen it yet, but from what I've heard it does follow the book pretty closely. I remember one of my friends complaining that it was difficult to understand if you hadn't read the book. It's sitting at the top of my netflix queue- yay.

#256 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
            • 5,649 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 03:34 PM

Thanks Nikki & Aimee, I'm relieved to hear that it's somewhat close to the book! :) haha I'd agree that if you haven't read the book, the movie is probably wayyyyyy confusing!

#257 Jenn79

Jenn79
              • 625 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:39 AM

Quote:
                Speaking of the time traveler's wife, it's out on DVD today! :) I hope it's close to the book, though I doubt it will be lol.
                It actually did stay pretty close to the book...enough to make me cry like a baby. But they did leave out the very end part of the book, which I was hoping would stay in, but overall I really enjoyed the movie. Reading the book it's hard to figure out how it would be translated into a film, but the director managed fairly well.
                Jenn & Timm, May 10, 2007
                Review Pictures Pro Pictures
                "i write to be read" Fiction by Timm Holmes

#258 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
                • 5,649 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:54 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Jenn79
                  It actually did stay pretty close to the book...enough to make me cry like a baby. But they did leave out the very end part of the book, which I was hoping would stay in, but overall I really enjoyed the movie. Reading the book it's hard to figure out how it would be translated into a film, but the director managed fairly well.
                  well that's good to hear, thanks! :) I'm sure I'll cry too lol I cried 3 times reading the book. Why would they take the end out though? Seems strange, they could have kept it I'm sure...

#259 mnh1983

mnh1983
                  • 743 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:51 PM

Is anyone a member of Goodreads.com? That is a good site to see books recommended by friends and others.

#260 aimee!

aimee!
                    • 696 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:03 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by mnh1983
                      Is anyone a member of Goodreads.com? That is a good site to see books recommended by friends and others.
                      Yep. I'm totally addicted to that site! :) It's awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users