Photo

Who loves to Read???

• Please log in to reply
441 replies to this topic

#141 beachbum

beachbum
  • 351 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:37 AM

I read two of Kristin Hannah's books and liked them both. the most recent was firefly lane, and i also read true colors. also good chick lit, and they are quick to read

#142 MilitaryMrs.s-to be

MilitaryMrs.s-to be
    • 553 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:52 AM

I loveee to read!! I'm addicted to James Patterson, however I got twilight for Christmas, and normally I'm not at all into those books but they were AMAZING!

I just read The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks, He is the same guy who wrote The Notebook!!! Anybody in love with that book or movie, hasssss to read the wedding :)

#143 aimee!

aimee!
      • 696 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:31 PM

here's a little book update for you guys. This is just going to be easiest for me to list them by how many stars I gave them on goodreads.com (it's awesome! check it out) Keep in mind I rarely give a book 5 stars.

5 STARS
        the host - stephenie meyer
        summer sisters - judy blume
        the book thief - markus zusak

4 STARS
        prep - curtis sittenfeld (the beginning of this book gets 5 stars!)
        the sweetness at the bottom of the pie - alan bradley
        garden spells - sarah addison allen
        the thirteenth tale - diane setterfield
        sarah's key - tatiana de rosnay

Okay, what have you been reading lately?
        Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#144 Kelitaw

Kelitaw
        • 512 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:42 PM

I am reading Wally Lamb's The Hour I First Believed. Almost finished...very interesting book about Columbine and the after effects. Next on the list is Jodi Piccoult's The Pact.

#145 BachataBride

BachataBride
          • Banned
          • 9,310 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:02 PM

I'm just about to start the third book in The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. They are AWESOME!! It's about the demon/fairy/werewolf/vampire world & the struggle & comradery between them all!! Here is the link to the website! The Mortal Instruments, by Cassandra Clare

#146 **~Jenn~**

**~Jenn~**
            • 1,236 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:32 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by aimee&ted
              here's a little book update for you guys. This is just going to be easiest for me to list them by how many stars I gave them on goodreads.com (it's awesome! check it out) Keep in mind I rarely give a book 5 stars.

5 STARS
              the host - stephenie meyer
              summer sisters - judy blume
              the book thief - markus zusak

4 STARS
              prep - curtis sittenfeld (the beginning of this book gets 5 stars!)
              the sweetness at the bottom of the pie - alan bradley
              garden spells - sarah addison allen
              the thirteenth tale - diane setterfield
              sarah's key - tatiana de rosnay

Okay, what have you been reading lately?
              Summer Sisters by Judy Blume is awesome!! I read that a while ago and I loved it :)

I like Susan Mallery and her "Titan Family" series...& Carly Phillips "Corwin Family" Series :)

I read alot so I can go on & on, but I am finally getting ready to start the Time travelers wife & I can't wait!
              Married @ Dreams Cancun 06/24/09
              My Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....24-09-a-45066/Pics By Juan Navarrohttp://www.facebook.....9&l=32db696cd3

#147 MilitaryMrs.s-to be

MilitaryMrs.s-to be
              • 553 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:24 PM

I recently read The Lovely Bones by Alice sebold. AWESOME book!! It was so good, its actually coming out as a movie with Mark Walhburg (<-- yuummmmy)

#148 aimee!

aimee!
                • 696 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:54 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by BachataBride
                  I'm just about to start the third book in The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. They are AWESOME!! It's about the demon/fairy/werewolf/vampire world & the struggle & comradery between them all!! Here is the link to the website! The Mortal Instruments, by Cassandra Clare
                  these have been on my "to read" list... i think they're moving up toward the top!
                  Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#149 BachataBride

BachataBride
                  • Banned
                  • 9,310 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:01 AM

Oh - definitely move them up!!!
                    I think the first three are out in box set now! And the 4th is coming out in March!! Enjoy!

Oh crap! I just looked at the website again it's March 2011!!! I'm never going to remember to pick it up!! Maybe I should set my google calendar to remind me in 1.5yrs!!!

#150 Danyelle

Danyelle
                    • 368 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:12 PM

Hi ladies!
                      Glad I found this thread!

Just finished two books by Martha Southgate that were really great (not chick-lit)
                      Third Girl from the left
                      The Fall of Rome

The fall of rome was fabulous! the other was a great read, very racially charged though. Super well written.

Also just finished a fun read called The Sweet Potato Queens First Big Ass Novel. It's definitely chick lit and had me laughing out loud.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users