Photo

Who loves to Read???

• Please log in to reply
441 replies to this topic

#111 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:21 PM

Aimee - I've never heard of that! I'm gonna have to check it out!

#112 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
    • 949 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:29 PM

i don't typically read chick lit (sometimes too sappy for me!), but i love love LOVE sarah strohmeyer! her characters are always sassy and hilarious! my recent fave by her is "sweet love".. it doesn't hurt that it has a cupcake on the front!

i usually read david baldacci books (just finished the camel club series) and i LOVE dan brown. i'm so glad he's finally releasing a new book this fall.. it's about time!!

#113 breeze616

breeze616
      • 1,760 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:55 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by lisaloo79
        I was wondering how the Host was. Glad to hear that it's good. I'll probably pick it up once it's in paperback.
        It was much different from Twilight, and I didnt think I would like it, but I LOVED it. Even more than Twilght *gasp*

I heard from someone that all her books are good and that she has a lot more?

#114 breeze616

breeze616
        • 1,760 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:58 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by ebredhawk
          i don't typically read chick lit (sometimes too sappy for me!), but i love love LOVE sarah strohmeyer! her characters are always sassy and hilarious! my recent fave by her is "sweet love".. it doesn't hurt that it has a cupcake on the front!

i usually read david baldacci books (just finished the camel club series) and i LOVE dan brown. i'm so glad he's finally releasing a new book this fall.. it's about time!!
          Sarah Strohmeyer eh? I'll have to check her out cuz I as well only like the funny chicklit.

I like Dan Brown too - Did you see Angels and Demons? - They totally changed it!!!

#115 jajajaja

jajajaja
          • VIP Member
          • 9,794 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:11 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Crystalballl
            So today I just finished Jodi Picoult's The Pact. Awesome Book! Thanks for the recommendation....What to read next
            I just finished "Vanishing." Very good one too. I love Jodi Picoult. "19 minutes" is a powerful one too. I cried.

I loved "the Other Boleyn Girl." I read that on the honeymoon. It was WAY better than the movie.
            Happily married since 2008

#116 Crystalballl

Crystalballl
            • 406 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:48 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
              I just finished "Vanishing." Very good one too. I love Jodi Picoult. "19 minutes" is a powerful one too. I cried.
              I really want to read 19 minutes!~ That was the next one on my list by her. I'll definitely pick that up.
              Right now I'm reading Emily Giffin Something Borrowed. I also bought Something Blue.

I also have had The Host in my hand a few times, and wondered what it would be like. Have to add that to my list of 'To Reads'

I also wanna check out that site. Thanks for sharing about it!!

#117 KAMAY11

KAMAY11
              • 456 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:52 AM

I just started reading Jodi Picoult....I bought My Sister's Keeper and I cried! It was so good!!! (I heard the movie has a different ending than the book, so i don't even think i will see the movie). Her writing style is amazing....she has some one-liners that really make you think.
                I just bought 19 Minutes and I can't put it down! I am tempted to take a week off in AUgust and read all her books! I heard "The Pact" is good too....

Emily Giffin is another one of my fave's....I didn't like Baby Proof as much as Something Borrowed and Something Blue. Love The One You're WIth is also very good....AND she has a new book coming out next Spring called The Heart of The Matter. Can't wait for that one!

Some of my other fave authors are: Jeffrey Deaver (the BEST mystery/crime writer IMO), Harlan Coben, Michael Connelly, Nicholas Sparks, James Patterson.
                D & K
                October 16th, 2008-Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas

http://tickers.Ticke....7276/event.png

#118 Crystalballl

Crystalballl
                • 406 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:39 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by KAMAY11
                  I just started reading Jodi Picoult....I bought My Sister's Keeper and I cried! It was so good!!! (I heard the movie has a different ending than the book, so i don't even think i will see the movie). Her writing style is amazing....she has some one-liners that really make you think.
                  I just bought 19 Minutes and I can't put it down! I am tempted to take a week off in AUgust and read all her books! I heard "The Pact" is good too....

Emily Giffin is another one of my fave's....I didn't like Baby Proof as much as Something Borrowed and Something Blue. Love The One You're WIth is also very good....AND she has a new book coming out next Spring called The Heart of The Matter. Can't wait for that one!

Some of my other fave authors are: Jeffrey Deaver (the BEST mystery/crime writer IMO), Harlan Coben, Michael Connelly, Nicholas Sparks, James Patterson.
                  I just finished Something Borrowed, and now just started Something Blue. Really liked the first, and so far like the 2nd.

Jodi Picoult's The Pact is awesome!!! I have 19 minutes to read after Something Blue lol

I too LOVE Jeffrey Deaver!

#119 KAMAY11

KAMAY11
                  • 456 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 01:25 PM

I just finished reading 19 Minutes, and I have to say I wasn't crazy about it...The story line is really good and I definitely found it sad, but I HATED the ending!!!

I am now reading The Tenth Circle (any thoughts??) by Jodi Picoult and The Pact is next on my list...
                    D & K

#120 KAMAY11

KAMAY11
                    • 456 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 03:45 PM

I'm giving this thread a BUMP....I am in need of a new book as we're taking one last vacation before summer is truly over *sob*

Here are a few i have finished in the last month or so:

-19 Minutes
                      -My Sister's Keeper
                      -The Tenth Circle (hated this btw)
                      And I'm just about finished Salem Falls....

I like Jodi Picoult, chick lit and mystery/drama/court room stuff.

Any ideas??
                      D & K

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users