Sign in to follow this  
Mrs.Hockey

Who loves to Read???

I was intrigued by your post so had to google the wedding series lol

needless to say i've got the first book on hold at the library now :)

Originally Posted by QSciberras View Post

I LOVE to read too! Has anyone read the wedding series by Nora Roberts?? AMAZING! I am not normally a Nora Roberts Fan but these books are great!  The fourth and final one in the series hasn't come out yet but the first three are great! 

Oh you will love them! I would reserve all three of them, because you won't be able to put them down! They are pretty books too! LOL It kinda like Sex and the City meets the wedding planning business! Let me know what you think!

I have the sony e-reader. Light as a paperback. LOVE IT. Books are cheaper than bookstores. Get a brand new book for less than ten bucks, when hardback in the store would be 20 bucks or more. I have saved so much money using my e-reader. Plus I can fit a ton of books in it and take it instead of lugging heavy books. Great for travelling! And yes, laying in bed and holding it is so much nicer than flipping every five minutes and turning pages!!!

Originally Posted by BachataBride View Post

Is the ereader heavy? I don't even like reading hardcovers because they are heavier than paperback! I don't think I could get used to it...although, it does sound really convenient! Are the books cheaper that way too?

I have an iPad and have downloaded a few books on it. Definitely nice for traveling but IMO nothing beats having a book in my hands. I'm a traditionalist I guess. Oh and I do a lot of reading in the bathtub and I'm too afraid of dropping my iPad to take it in there with me.

The price of ebooks is actually cheaper than the ones in stores! And I totally agree with all the 'pros' that Lyndsay posted! Fitting a ton of books on one small device is a huge plus for me because I read sooooo quickly!

Everytime I see this thread I tell myslef I'm going to check it out but then I get distracted, etc and never get around to it. But I absolutely LOVE to read. I just wish I had more time for it. A friend just got me into the Stephanie Plum series and I've finished the first 2 in the past week and just started on 3 (also bought 4 and 5 so I have those ready to go as well).

Sooo glad to hear "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" is good!  I'm about to pick it up in a day or two.  Right now i am reading Secret Daughter by Shilipi Gowda, it's really really good!!!

I think I have to check out an E Reader too!!  How much do they run? (Canadian) Or a recommended brand to buy?!!

I keep thinking about an E reader but undecided. I think I'm more of a traditionalist that might missing having an actual book to hold. But I also love technology and have seriously been thinking about an ipad. I read some reviews that the ipad isn't as clear when it comes to books as a kindle tho....has anyone actually compared the 2?