Photo

Had my BD photoshoot (Mpls) - My experience

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#11 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:58 PM

Thanks for posting all of those poses in that attachment. I am just nervous about the poses. I don't want to look awkward. I am definitely going to drink beforehand, haha. I love the lollipop idea. I have the perfect outfit.

#12 NJ Hunnie

NJ Hunnie
    • 436 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:06 PM

Cant wait for the teaser pictures!

#13 H&F

H&F
      • 361 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:18 PM

Thanks so much for sharing all your BD thoughts! It's so thoughtful of you!

#14 deefalvey

deefalvey
        • 521 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:24 PM

Thanks for sharing your experience, outfits as well as your wishes...it will be helpful to us who haven't done it yet.

You are not a rookie on this board - you should know better than to tease us and post w/o pics! :)
          Bill and DeannaJuly 24, 2009

#15 tguerre

tguerre
          • 78 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:33 AM

Hi guys! I finished my BD book Monday night. I'll post a few of the pics either tonight or tomorrow night. I leave in 10 days for Florida and still have my vows, music, and packing to get done. Not to mention attending 2 weddings. Yikes!!

blushingbride - I can understand the cost concern. Here is what I spent. I could have saved more if I did my own hair, didn't buy any new lingerie and skipped the hotel. But, it was completely worth it. My fiance and I also had the best night at the hotel later on.

$175 - photographer laura ivanova | MINNEAPOLIS WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER + MINNESOTA DESTINATION WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER
            $150 - W hotel room (could have gotten smaller room for $103)
            $55 - hair @ Brian Graham Salon
            $0 - makeup @ mac counter
            $40 - pedicure and manicure
            $50 - bra and panty set
            $30 - 3 pairs of new VS underwear
            $0 - heels, props, some clothes
            $50 - BD book on Blurb with 68 pages and premium paper (includes 2 day shipping)
            TOTAL - $550
            34 Confirmed flights!!
            1 day til Florida!!
            7 days til the wedding!!

#16 KimmyG

KimmyG
            • 520 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:58 AM

Great idea to send your photographer the document ahead of time. Gives them time to plan it out and more time to SHOOT on the day of! I think your prices looked very reasonable. $175 seems good for the photographer and it was only $50 for the book? I'll have to check out the Blurb website!! I'd love to see what your actual book looks like, if you get a chance. Did the photographer fees include the rights to print your own photos?
              Good luck getting everything ready for flooooorida! Have a wonderful time!! :)

#17 tguerre

tguerre
              • 78 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:05 AM

The book is even better than I could have imagined. I had done my guestbook on blurb but didn't do the premium paper and did the image wrap. The image wrap looked really dull and the paper was just okay. So I did a hard cover with premium paper for my BD book and it is such better quality. Definitely worth the extra $5.

Yes, the photographer sent me a letter for the rights to the pictures. We did recreate many of the photos I had sent her. You will have a blast doing it.
                34 Confirmed flights!!
                1 day til Florida!!
                7 days til the wedding!!

#18 budgetjamaicabride

budgetjamaicabride
                • 516 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:21 AM

great list... gives me things to consider.

#19 litl_april

litl_april
                  • 351 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:23 AM

I might really have to check Laura out! I'm about 4 hours from the cities so to get there wouldn't be bad at all. I love that her prices are reasonable and include rights to the pictures! Thanks so much for posting..can't wait to see some pics!

#20 blushingbride

blushingbride
                    • 366 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:34 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by tguerre
                      Hi guys! I finished my BD book Monday night. I'll post a few of the pics either tonight or tomorrow night. I leave in 10 days for Florida and still have my vows, music, and packing to get done. Not to mention attending 2 weddings. Yikes!!

blushingbride - I can understand the cost concern. Here is what I spent. I could have saved more if I did my own hair, didn't buy any new lingerie and skipped the hotel. But, it was completely worth it. My fiance and I also had the best night at the hotel later on.

$175 - photographer laura ivanova | MINNEAPOLIS WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER + MINNESOTA DESTINATION WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER
                      $150 - W hotel room (could have gotten smaller room for $103)
                      $55 - hair @ Brian Graham Salon
                      $0 - makeup @ mac counter
                      $40 - pedicure and manicure
                      $50 - bra and panty set
                      $30 - 3 pairs of new VS underwear
                      $0 - heels, props, some clothes
                      $50 - BD book on Blurb with 68 pages and premium paper (includes 2 day shipping)
                      TOTAL - $550
                      For all that you received, I think you paid a pretty reasonable price. Can't wait to see teasers!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users