• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:44 PM

I'm actually getting the same error when I search for that text, but not when I search using other text. Weird. And I did some further research and it seems to be the word "wedding." My guess is that the seach returns so many results, and that's what is causing the error.

Here are some options ...
    1) The link I gave you to that thread you're searching for is still there, you can use that in the meantime.

2) Or you can search without using the word "wedding" in your search; or use the advanced search and limit your search to only looking at the titles of threads.

3) Or even better, just pay attention to where that thread is and navigate there manually next time you want to read it!

#22 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:51 PM

Interesting, I just did the search for the same thing (ror wedding pack) and I got 2 results - this thread and this one - http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t39360

#23 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:52 PM

did you change anything else in your search criteria? or did you limit it by only searching the thread title?

#24 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:26 AM

No, I just did the regular search (not advanced or anything) and got results! Def a weird problem.

#25 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
          • Moderators
          • 25,218 posts
          • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
          • LocationSeattle

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:30 AM

ive been using search to find threads i have found before, like i was trying to find my hotel review of RIU santa fe after our wedding (i was going to link it in my new honeymoon review), but i couldnt find it anymore. i thought probably because its older than 100 posts.

so then i tried looking for other older threads i know i created, that i have had no trouble finding before, and no luck there either. only more recent ones are available to view for me.

#26 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:38 AM

Ab - that's weird! I just tried to find it and couldn't either. I searched for threads started by you that contained "Riu Santa Fe Review", then I tried it with just one of those words at a time and couldn't find it! Humpf.

ETA: I searched all threads started by you in the Mexico section, General Information Section, and one other that I can't remember and got lots of results that were old. Do you remember which section you posted it in? That might be the easiest way to locate it. I checked the wedding review section and you never started a thread in there...

#27 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
            • Moderators
            • 25,218 posts
            • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
            • LocationSeattle

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:40 AM

i also couldnt find threads like my newbie thread, which i just looked up a couple weeks ago and bumped to be silly.

super weird!

then i was thinking i named it something different. so i searched the cabo forum for riu santa fe and only got minimal results.

ETA:
            nevermind. i must be retarded. i finally found it:
            http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t25505
            i didnt even have the hotel name in the title.

but basically it looks like all we have to do is a little digging, get more specific about what we are searching, and try searching in a forum that makes sense for the subject we need, rather than using the main search. i love using the search function within a forum, rather than the main one, less crap to weed thru that way!

#28 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:48 AM

Even weirder! I just found your newbie thread. http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t11406

#29 shellk

shellk
              • 1,784 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 04:04 PM

thanks guys sorry for starting this lol.i have changed my text and it has worked so i think you may be right about the wedding and the amount of threads it finds.it makes sense imagine how many times it must be used?i just thought it was me going mad.

thanks for your help

#30 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 23 April 2009 - 04:10 PM

also, the 100 search results is hopefully only temporary. we are working on updating the server AGAIN so hopefully once that is done we can up the search results back to 200.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users