El Dorado Seaside Suites, Mayan Riviera - Wedding Photos!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickaya View Post
Photographer - when it came to selecting Sol Tamargo, we pretty much made up our mind as soon as we saw her website. We looked at about 5 different Mayan Riviera photographers, and her work blew everyone else away! Sol and her assistant Vincent were so amazing, they fired off 400+ shots in 5 hrs, and almost every shot we got was so amazing.. All of our friends and relatives could not believe how amazing her work is!
Patrick, thanks a lot for posting this review, I feel humble with your comments, you and Steph were awesome, and I have to say that there was a poweful force making everything so perfect for your wedding day; sunset was the most amazing sunset I have seen at the Riviera Maya.... a divine touch...

smile03.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesr View Post
The pictures are great, we love Sol around here. It looks like everything turned out perfectly. I have a question for you, where did your husband get his suit from? That is pretty much what I am looking for for my FH to wear.

Thank you for sharing.
HEy, We got the suit at Mexx! It was even on sale.. we wanted something linen maybe, but that suit was better! it wasn't too hot or anything :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeLynne View Post
What a stunning bride you were - love, love, LOVE your dress!!!

Thanks for the great review. If we didn't have kids coming, I'd definitely consider it!

Edit - I finally got through all the pics. It's rare that I watch an entire slideshow all the way through. Beautiful!!! I love the picture candle holder idea - how did you do that? What a great touch. The whole thing looked absolutely magical. Congratulations :)

A lot of people are asking us about the picture frame centre peices...
We bought cheap picture frames from IKEA, and primed/painted them white.. (you can probablynbuy white frames, but we bought like 60 frames, so it can get expensive!) Then we hinged them together with fabric tape (make sure you use a good adhessive.. the moisture/heat down there made some of them come unglued).

Only use 2 hinges, that way you can pack them flat... we pretty much needed a whole extra carry-on to ship them all down though... down send them through checked luggage, they'd get destoyed!

We just printed B&W photos on vellum.. make sure your printer can print on vellum, we had issues getting the right settings, but in the end it worked!

good luck!

Hey, the Nightlife is pretty good, nowhere near what youd expect in Cancun, or Playa DelCarmen, or even any of the big resorts.. but we also didnt want to have our wedding with a bunch of wasted 17 yr olds running about!

We pretty much made the nightlife there.. there were 20 of us, and maybe 12 of us were late 20's early 30's, the rest parents/aunts etc... Everybody there are couples either honeymooning, or there for a quiet time, we had drinking contests, and made quite the scene, Im sure people were like who are THESE people? but it was great, we made friends with couples, and invited them to drinking contests etc.

During the first day there we all got so drunk and rowdy they had to ask us to leave the swim up bar, and go to the main pool.. but all kinds of other guests joined us and we were throwing around a football and just being loud.. It was all in good fun though, and like I said, your guests will probably make the scene down there!

There was another wedding party there, getting married the day after us, they were maybe 2-3 yrsolder than our crew, but we really didnt see them around that much at night.. dont know why..

good luck!

P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Marie View Post
Hi!

Your pictures are beautiful!!! I would like to know how is the nightlife in this resort? Is there a lot to do? Our group is between 25 ans 35 years old...

• 7 months later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickaya View Post

We would strongly recommend both Sol, and the El Dorado Seaside to anyone who wants to get married in the Mayan Riviera! Feel free to email us if you have ANY questions!
That is really wonderful news to hear! My FI and I are pretty seriously considering EDSS for our wedding June 6, 2009. Your wedding looked absolutely amazing, and it is just amping us up more. The setting looked great on the beach (clean and serene), and all the details were so tastefully executed! And, OMG that sunset was unreal!

I'm sure I'll have more questions later, but for now my FI is wondering where you got those cool fans for the ceremony and of course how reasonable was the cost? We are going to be there in June, so we know it will be pretty hot, and fans would be a great relief.

Thanks,

Britt