Time of sunset in Cancun in November

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 keiperwedding

keiperwedding
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:20 AM

Hello!

My WC wants to move my wedding time, in the gazebo, from 4pm to 5pm. I am worried it will be too dark. Does anyone know how dark it will be at 5pm and 6pm in Cancun in November?

Thanks so much!
    Jennifer
    Dreams Cancun
    November 7, 2009

#2 MomentsThatMatter

MomentsThatMatter
    • Vendor
    • 2,015 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:29 AM

Check out this site... it will tell you the times for sunset/sunrise in Cancun.
      Best of luck!

Sunrise and Sunset for Mexico – Quintana Roo – CancÂșn – coming days
      Lincoln & Lori @ Moments that Matter Photography
      Playa Del Carmen Wedding Photographers - Mexico - Cancun - & Mayan Riviera
      Web: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/
      Blog: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/blog/
      http://i711.photobuc....Ad-Sept09b.gif

#3 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
      • Vendor
      • 2,782 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:46 AM

It's harder for photographers to take pictures in the dark. If I am not mistaken In November sunset is around 5pm. It does gets dark pretty quickly. Unless you want those kind of shots, I'd keep it at around 4pm!

#4 keiperwedding

keiperwedding
        • 25 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:54 AM

What is throwing us off is that we are taking all posed pictures before the wedding... so we aren't worried about photos after. Do we do it and have the ceremony at sunset and go to reception in the dark or do we want to see the sun set at the reception! Ahhhh...
          Jennifer
          Dreams Cancun
          November 7, 2009

#5 MarieSam

MarieSam
          • VIP Member
          • 2,336 posts
            • LocationSouthern California

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:58 AM

If you click on the below link and punch in the exact date of your wedding and location from last year, that should give you an idea as to when the sun sets. It will also give you data on the weather in years past.

Weather History & Data Archive : Weather Underground

#6 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
            • 5,705 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:38 AM

Welcome to the forum and congratulations!! You've come to the right place; here you can find all the info you need for a fun, smooth and successful planning!! Enjoy!!!

#7 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:04 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by keiperwedding
                What is throwing us off is that we are taking all posed pictures before the wedding... so we aren't worried about photos after. Do we do it and have the ceremony at sunset and go to reception in the dark or do we want to see the sun set at the reception! Ahhhh...
                I think if your doing photos together before the ceremony that you should be ok, however something to think about. is the light during the group photos after the ceremony.

#8 O'Driscoll Photography

O'Driscoll Photography
                • 4,853 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:55 PM

Congrats and welcome, Jennifer!

Best wishes,
                  Tod

#9 keiperwedding

keiperwedding
                  • 25 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:21 PM

The WC just emailed me again and said that she wants me to move it because of the 2 other weddings the same day! WHAT? That is not what I was expecting at all. I went from really happy to now for the first time a bit stressed out. I am picturing my guests showing up and them having to wait for the other wedding guests to leave the area. Now she wants to know ASAP about moving the time of the wedding. Does anyone know if the time of sunset is 5:07, is that when it is dark, is that still light? Is that when the sun first touches the ocean? If that is the case, it might not be so bad. HELP PLEASE! I am so afraid that I am paying all this money for the view of the ocean all around us and we might not even be able to see it.
                    Jennifer
                    Dreams Cancun
                    November 7, 2009

#10 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
                    • Vendor
                    • 2,782 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:29 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by keiperwedding
                      The WC just emailed me again and said that she wants me to move it because of the 2 other weddings the same day! WHAT? That is not what I was expecting at all. I went from really happy to now for the first time a bit stressed out. I am picturing my guests showing up and them having to wait for the other wedding guests to leave the area. Now she wants to know ASAP about moving the time of the wedding. Does anyone know if the time of sunset is 5:07, is that when it is dark, is that still light? Is that when the sun first touches the ocean? If that is the case, it might not be so bad. HELP PLEASE! I am so afraid that I am paying all this money for the view of the ocean all around us and we might not even be able to see it.
                      If sun sets at 5:07, your signature image is about 4:50 :)

Big and popular resorts are known to hold a number of wedding on the same day. They should be able to coordinate everything with you so you aren't standing and waiting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users