Duggars 1st Grandchild

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Cassie

• 5,341 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 04:15 PM

SPRINGDALE, Ark. -- Josh and Anna Duggar are following in the family tradition.

Josh, the eldest of Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar's 18 kids, announced Monday that he and new bride Anna were about to start their own brood. The couple, who's been married since September, said Anna Duggar is due Oct. 18.

"I am three months right now and feeling great. Morning sickness is pretty much all gone, and so we're looking forward to the birth of our baby," Anna Duggar told NBC's "Today" show Monday.

The Duggars live in northwest Arkansas and are featured on the cable TV show, "18 Kids and Counting." Michelle Duggar most recently gave birth in December, to Jordyn-Grace. Along with Josh and Jordyn, Michelle and Jim Bob are parents to: Jana, 19; John-David, 19; Jill, 17; Jessa, 16; Jinger, 15; Joseph, 14; Josiah, 12; Joy-Anna, 11; Jeremiah, 10; Jedidiah, 10; Jason, 8; James, 7; Justin, 6; Jackson, 4; Johannah, 3; and Jennifer, 2.

Josh Duggar said he and his wife haven't yet picked out a name, but are leaning toward establishing a theme with the future children's names.

"We're pretty sure we're not going to go with J," Josh Duggar said.

Josh, who is 21, and Anna, who is 20, live in Springdale, where they run a car dealership. He said he and his new wife are frequently asked whether they'll have a large family.

"We have committed leaving that area up to God as far as our family size," he said.

Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar said they're thrilled to become grandparents, although the new baby won't be much older than their youngest, 4-month-old Jordyn.

"I had nieces and nephews that were about the same age as me, and it was great," said Michelle Duggar, who was the youngest of seven children. "I just enjoy growing up in a large family. I really think that Jordyn is going to have a lot with her new little friend coming."
    Married! -- July 11, 2010

"I hope your marriage lasts 10 dog years" -- what my 4 yr old flower girl had my sister write in my guest book!

My Planning Thread

#2 tylersgirl

• 1,681 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 04:20 PM

That is a TON of kids...I don't care for the show-not my thing.

#3 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 04:46 PM

that is nuts!

#4 azhuskergirl

• 1,131 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:36 PM

crazy people!

#5 CrystalandTyler

• 18 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:44 PM

I've always thought that their family was cult-like.

#6 Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 4,513 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:47 PM

#7 soon2bePowers

• 382 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 11:04 PM

That many kids is crazy, but I did get sucked into the show once and it was very interesting. They use the buddy system, each older child is responsible for a younger child. When they go place they line up in birth order to make sure they haven't left anyone behind! They also make most of their clothes and are all home-school together. While it is not my thing, I think it is pretty amazing that most of the children seem to be turning out great! The mother who has given birth to 19 now (I think) is amazing looking.

The oldest son who just got married had his first everything, including kiss on his wedding day! Wow, I never could have done that!

#8 Cassie

• 5,341 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:47 AM

Looks like she had the baby yesterday. I like the name. It's crazy that she'll be older than her aunt or uncle though, seeing as Michelle is pregnant again.

Duggar joy: Parents of 18 now grandparents of 1

The first Duggar grandchild arrived Thursday night with her proud grandmother, Michelle Duggar, helping daughter-in-law Anna Duggar with the birth.

Mackynzie Renee Duggar checked in at an even 8 pounds and 19½ inches. Exclusive video of the birth was shown on TODAY Friday, and Mackynzie, her parents and the entire Duggar clan will be on TODAY Monday to talk about the newest member of America’s most famous superfamily.

[for more of the article, follow the link]
                  Married! -- July 11, 2010

"I hope your marriage lasts 10 dog years" -- what my 4 yr old flower girl had my sister write in my guest book!

My Planning Thread

#9 autjo

• 2,182 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:09 PM

Holy schnickies that is a ton of kids! At least the grandbaby doesn't have a "J" name! Did anyone see Michelle and the clan on Say Yes to the Dress? That was probably one of the most awkward episodes I have ever watched.

#10 *Karla*

• 4,854 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 07:32 PM

Seriously Autumn, ummm what was up w/ that bolero?

They are insane, I cannot imagine having all those kids

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users