• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 SunBride

SunBride
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:57 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Scubadiva
    Below the Ering is "closer to the heart" not above :)
    I agree! But I guess it depends what position your hand is in? I guess to clarify I mean you put the wedding band first, then the e-ring.

Anyways, that is what I voted, because that is my understanding of what is traditional. That being said, I currently wear my band on my other hand. I LOVE my ering and I felt like adding anything to that finger would take away from the ering.

Also this way I didn't have to get a matching band.

But I assume eventually I will move the band over to the ering, when I am older and tradition takes over! (or when I get another special ring to wear on the right hand!)

#32 seaprincess

seaprincess
    • 753 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:01 PM

I wear the band first, E ring on top and I hope to get a matching band to place on top on our 1 year...do what works for you!
      Lindsay and Jamie - January 28, 2009

#33 BillysBride

BillysBride
      • 1,255 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:14 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Gail
        so this may be stupid queston but do you wear ering for ceremony? then band would be on top?? After that, I will wear band w ering on top
        I'm just gonna wear mine on my right hand until afterward.
        Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
        http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#34 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
        • Banned
        • 3,639 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:27 AM

Yeap wedding band first than the ering. :) So the ering is closer the the tip of your ring finger :)

Quote:
          Originally Posted by SunBride
          I agree! But I guess it depends what position your hand is in? I guess to clarify I mean you put the wedding band first, then the e-ring.

Anyways, that is what I voted, because that is my understanding of what is traditional. That being said, I currently wear my band on my other hand. I LOVE my ering and I felt like adding anything to that finger would take away from the ering.

Also this way I didn't have to get a matching band.

But I assume eventually I will move the band over to the ering, when I am older and tradition takes over! (or when I get another special ring to wear on the right hand!)

#35 islandbride317

islandbride317
          • 1,866 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:22 AM

Well, my band is actually an "insert" -- meaning it is 2 connected bands with a space in the middle for the engagement ring to fit between (so it sort of feels/looks like one ring, if that makes sense).

If I were to have a single band, I would be wearing it at the bottom of my finger, with the e-ring on top. Whenever I see it opposite, it just always looks kind of odd to me, but everyone has their preference!

Christie

#36 Sammy_U

Sammy_U
            • 16 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:35 AM

I will wear mine below my engagement ring -- there's something sweet about it being closer to your heart...

#37 hammerb44

hammerb44
              • 25 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:31 AM

I got a wedding band that did not match my engagement ring. I want to be able to switch which one I wear based on my outfit!

#38 KLila

KLila
                • Banned
                • 79 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:42 PM

I just found out I am having two wedding bands. I wanted my FI and I to have matching bands and he wanted me to have a diamond band. My engagement ring was designed by my FI and I can't really wear a ring next to it. So I believe I will wear my ER on my right and the two wedding bands on my left: Here they are

argh... Can't get a pic to post

#39 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 8,047 posts
                  • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
                  • LocationToronto

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:17 PM

I am wearing mine closer to the heart I feel more comfortable with it this way too, but there isn't a wrong or right way to do it I don't think.

#40 soon2bePowers

soon2bePowers
                  • 382 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:17 PM

With my e-ring, my wedding band actually slides between two bands in the e-ring. For traditional purposes I have always heard the wedding bands goes on first, then the e-ring.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users