Photo

My DIY Boarding Pass STDs Arrived! *PICS*

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 FoxyBride

FoxyBride
  • 609 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:54 AM

I decided to do these 2 sided to save a few bucks on printing since my FI is trying to invite the whole world to this wedding. I think they came out great (besides one typo: no space between "We look") and since no one that we know who has gotten married even does STDs, they will all be super impressed. I made them in Photoshop. I posted my template earlier but here it is again for anyone who missed it. I had them printed by a company that usually prints flyers and business cards for me. They cost $60 for 125 double-sided, full color prints on 12pt cardstock. It was an extra $12 for rounded corners and $7.95 for shipping for a total of $79.95 and most importantly, I didn't have to spend hours cutting them! I also ordered paper to do the ticket jackets but they sent me the wrong color () so I have do wait to post up the complete package.

Templates:
    Front: Click the image to open in full size.
    Click the image to open in full size.
    Click the image to open in full size.

#2 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,513 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:02 PM

Super cute! And it sounds like you got a great deal on the price too!

#3 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
      • 949 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:36 PM

your guests will be VERY impressed.. those are so cute!! and 125 invitations? your DW is going to be huge! ..and in Vegas, how fun!

#4 FoxyBride

FoxyBride
        • 609 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:50 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by ebredhawk
          your guests will be VERY impressed.. those are so cute!! and 125 invitations? your DW is going to be huge! ..and in Vegas, how fun!
          Thanks ladies!

I only think about 40-45 people will actually be coming but that's still a nice crowd! If we had in in Detroit where I'm from or Cleveland where FI is from it would be like 300 people coming! He's in a fraternity and they all use weddings as an excuse to party!

#5 uspoiledme

uspoiledme
          • 167 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:23 PM

Great idea. I was dreading the idea of having 2 cut each one.

#6 Miss Florida

Miss Florida
            • 7 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:14 PM

What a good idea to get these printed by a printer. I was planning to print them all at home and then cut them etc. I think I will see if I can ring around the printers and see if its possible here in England. Great idea, thank you!

#7 islandbride317

islandbride317
              • 1,866 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:22 PM

How absolutely adorable! They turned out great...you should be delighted! And what a deal, huh?!

Congrats,
                Christie :)

#8 FoxyBride

FoxyBride
                • 609 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 07:29 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by uspoiledme
                  Great idea. I was dreading the idea of having 2 cut each one.
                  Me too! That's exactly why I went with this option. I am not really much of a perfectionist so they'd probably just end up all crooked and I'd be like "Oh well, I tried." This way they come out straight or I'd be able to make them do it again. :)

#9 FoxyBride

FoxyBride
                  • 609 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 07:34 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Miss Florida
                    What a good idea to get these printed by a printer. I was planning to print them all at home and then cut them etc. I think I will see if I can ring around the printers and see if its possible here in England. Great idea, thank you!
                    You totally should be able to get it done by anyone who does business cards. Let me know how the search turns out!

#10 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
                    • 5,681 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:22 PM

Great job!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users