Photo

HELP!!! Sand Ceremony reading??

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 jwilson

jwilson
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:06 AM

i love the readings! now, I'm going to tweak the reading I already have and incorporate some of the beautiful lines from here.

#32 hatfiehm

hatfiehm
    • 270 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:24 AM

Thanks for these.  I was not even considering a sand ceremony as I didnt beleive it was "us" but now that I have read some of your suggested readings I have changed my mind.  Off to show FI some of the options and sell him on the idea! :)

Holly

#33 karyc

karyc
      • 166 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

does anyone else have examples of sand ceremony scripts when guests are involved? or know of any bdw forums on that topic? thanks!

#34 olive0y1

olive0y1
        • 202 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Cattie 

This is what we're using. I "borrowed" it from another bride here, who I'm so sorry can't remember. I loved the fact it didn't have the wording that seemed like you where loosing yourself as a person. I have no idea where she found it, or if she wrote it, but even the FI loved it, and he's a hard one to please!!

As you stand beside the ocean, may your love always be as constant as the tide; waves flowing endlessly from the depths of the sea. Just as water is the eternal force of life, so is love. Love is the force that allows us to face fear and uncertainty with courage.
          You have just sealed your relationship by giving and receiving of rings. But although you will be sharing one life, never forget that you are two separate people. Cherish and affirm your differences. Love each other. Keep your commitment primary. Together you will laugh and cry, be sick and well, be happy and angry, share and grow. Grow sometimes together, sometimes separately.
          To symbolize this union and the importance of the individuals within the marriage, two separate colors of sand will be combined. Each one holds its own unique beauty, strength, and character. They can stand on their own and be whole, without need of anything else. However when these two are blended together they create and entirely new and extraordinarily more intricate entity.
          Each grain of sand brings to the mixture a lasting beauty that forever enriches the combination. Please pour the sand into this common container to symbolize the union of your two lives.

Kathleen and Pawel, just as these grains of sand can never be separated and poured again into the individual container, so will your marriage be a molding of two individual personalities, bonded together forming one heart, one life, and one family.

Ooo nice one!

#35 mom23jv

mom23jv
          • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

THANK YOU! THANK YOU !!!!

I am getting married in 63 days and I found your post. This is exactly how I want to include our 7 children in our ceremony.

Thank you again...

Cyndi

#36 Melissa14

Melissa14
            • 304 posts
            • Wedding Date:July 27, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos
            • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Cattie 

This is what we're using. I "borrowed" it from another bride here, who I'm so sorry can't remember. I loved the fact it didn't have the wording that seemed like you where loosing yourself as a person. I have no idea where she found it, or if she wrote it, but even the FI loved it, and he's a hard one to please!!

As you stand beside the ocean, may your love always be as constant as the tide; waves flowing endlessly from the depths of the sea. Just as water is the eternal force of life, so is love. Love is the force that allows us to face fear and uncertainty with courage.
            You have just sealed your relationship by giving and receiving of rings. But although you will be sharing one life, never forget that you are two separate people. Cherish and affirm your differences. Love each other. Keep your commitment primary. Together you will laugh and cry, be sick and well, be happy and angry, share and grow. Grow sometimes together, sometimes separately.
            To symbolize this union and the importance of the individuals within the marriage, two separate colors of sand will be combined. Each one holds its own unique beauty, strength, and character. They can stand on their own and be whole, without need of anything else. However when these two are blended together they create and entirely new and extraordinarily more intricate entity.
            Each grain of sand brings to the mixture a lasting beauty that forever enriches the combination. Please pour the sand into this common container to symbolize the union of your two lives.

Kathleen and Pawel, just as these grains of sand can never be separated and poured again into the individual container, so will your marriage be a molding of two individual personalities, bonded together forming one heart, one life, and one family.

We are including my son in our ceremony. This scripture is perfect. I love it. Thanks!!!

Marrying My 5th Grade "Boyfriend"...Life has a funny way of working itself out

#37 MsFaszion

MsFaszion
            • 174 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:33 AM

The idea of a sand ceremony is something I truly want to do and some of these readings are amazing.  I love writing so I'm going to see if I can come up with a beautiful reading.  These are awesome ladies.

#38 MsFaszion

MsFaszion
              • 174 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

Love these readings.  I would like to incorporate this into my wedding.

#39 UMassRN007

UMassRN007
                • 230 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 18, 2014
                • Wedding Location:Now Jade
                • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

I had such mixed feelings about doing a sand ceremony until reading these beautiful ceremonies...Now I think I'm definitely having one!!

#40 MSPOKRAN

MSPOKRAN
                • Site Supporter
                • 88 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:47 AM

Ladies- does anyone have the full set of vows to share from start to finish? how do you incorporate the sand ceremony into the more traditional readings...how do they announce you husband and wife etc?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users