Photo

Edible cup cake flowers???

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 eloping789

eloping789
  • 290 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:31 PM

I'm doing cupcakes for my AHR and am looking for a reliable place to get gum paste/icing flowers to put on them that won't cost me a small fortune. I've been scouring Google search results for days and have found one place that has what I want and also appears to be reputable (Cake Decorations & Bakery Supplies by Pfeil & Holing). Has anyone bought anything from them? If not, I'm very open to other suggestions PLEEEASE!

#2 Christi

Christi
    • 1,905 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:31 PM

I found a couple of sites that might help...

Edible Sugar Flowers - cake decorations for cakes & candies
      Edible Flower Cake Topper
      Etsy :: CupcakeSocial :: Edible Icing Flowers for cake or cupcake decorations (12)

#3 MarieSam

MarieSam
      • VIP Member
      • 2,336 posts
        • LocationSouthern California

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:48 AM

ooh this is a good thread, i need some of these too

#4 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
        • 444 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 06:23 AM

We are also making cupcakes for the AHR. Instead of flowers, we are using seashell molds and making milk chocolate and white chocolate seashells. I think you can buy the molds at a craft store, but I haven't looked into it yet. Just another idea, in case the flowers dont work out. Good luck!

#5 eloping789

eloping789
          • 290 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:13 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by candice69
            Thanks! I didn't find anything edible here, but did find a cake topper I love!

#6 lexibride

lexibride
            • 276 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:02 PM

I know that where I live the local food distributer sells actual edible flowers that you could use for your cupcakes. As for edible flowers, I'm a cake decorator and if there is a bakery supply store near you, you can find royal icing flowers already made that many times you can use for your cupcakes. Otherwise any of the other really beautiful flowers are more than likely gumpaste or fondant which you don't want to eat, but look very beautiful!

Here's a link to my local cake supply that has edible flowers:
              Confectionery House :: Edible Decorations :: Royal Icing and Gumpaste Flowers

PM me if you need more info!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users