Photo

Vitamin String Quartet -- Instrumental versions of songs

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 meghan1177

meghan1177
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 02:59 PM

I spent hours the other night looking for instrumental versions of popular songs that we could play at the cocktail hour before the reception. Since we couldn't afford to actually hire a quartet, we decided we'd just have instrumental music played during that hour.

I eventually stumbled across Vitamin String Quartet and must have listened to each and every one of their 30 second samples on iTunes. They are brilliant and have a lot of the popular "wedding" type songs I've seen discussed on these forums.

We've picked out about thirty on iTunes that we're going to make into a cd to give to the DJ -- and I'm listening to them now. They sound amazing, so I thought I would share! They even have a wedding collection cd at Vitamin Records

Enjoy!

#2 meli122

meli122
    • 269 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 03:21 PM

Yes! I love them. I was thinking of this music before the wedding begins but during the cocktail hour would be much better. My fav is Coldplay clocks.

#3 Rhonda

Rhonda
      • 270 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:21 AM

I just downloaded a bunch of their songs last week...we'll be playing them at part of the cocktail hour....GREAT songs!!!

#4 meghan1177

meghan1177
        • 73 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:01 AM

We had a party this weekend and played them. Every once in a while you'd see someone do a double take when they realized they recognized the song. It was great.

#5 midnight24

midnight24
          • 754 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:26 AM

yeah i just discovered them too.

i'd be curious to hear what songs you picked from them to play at your wedding.

i am just in the process of trying to decide...so many!

#6 DolphinMareDVM

DolphinMareDVM
            • 26 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:31 AM

wow, they are great! may have to re-do my whole dinner playlist!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users