Photo

I'm so dumb!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 *JillD*

*JillD*
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:54 AM

So I put all of my invitations together this weekend, I was strumming right along, so excited I was almost done, when I realized that I had sealed 3/4 of the envelopes without ever putting stamps on the reply card envelopes!

I'm so dumb!!!

so now I'm sure that will be everyones excuse for not sending them back.

I started to try to open the envelopes with a knife, but it wasn't going to work, so I would've had to buy more envelopes and do more labels because I had already put labels on all of them (because I don't have nice handwriting, so I did pretty labels)

So I said screw it, they're going out the way they are, most of the people with no stamp I already know aren't coming anyway they're just getting the invitation as a formality.

But damn, I was annoyed about the RSVP thing before I even sent these out and now I can tell its only going to get worse.

But they're in the mail today, one more thing done!

#2 BayBug

BayBug
    • 852 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:56 AM

Oh man! That really sucks. Note to self, put stamp on return envelope. My family is not going to RSVP anyway. I am sure they will just throw it away.
      Angie

#3 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
      • 4,979 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:57 AM

have you sent them already?
        Happily Married since May 9, 2008
        Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#4 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:58 AM

Jill, you probably just saved yourself some $$. Hardly any of my invitees sent their RSVP cards back, despite the stamp. You can use the stamps to pay bills! lol

#5 *JillD*

*JillD*
          • 5,112 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:59 AM

I sent them this morning. I tried to get the envelope open without ripping them, but it wasn't going to work, they were stuck! And I didn't want to have to buy more envelopes and print more labels, etc... probably sounds lazy, but after looking at who was in that pile, there were only 2 or 3 that I thought were coming, the rest probably won't rsvp anyway, so I said screw it, if they want to mail it back they can throw a stamp on it!

#6 Jessica

Jessica
            • VIP Member
            • 11,939 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:01 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by AQHARIDER
              Jill, you probably just saved yourself some $$. Hardly any of my invitees sent their RSVP cards back, despite the stamp. You can use the stamps to pay bills! lol

Exactly what I was going to say. People won't even return RSVP's with the stamps, so it's probably better anyway! Now you won't have to be pissy like me because you spent all that money on stamps and no one returned them.

#7 *JillD*

*JillD*
              • 5,112 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:01 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by AQHARIDER

sarah, thats exactly what I was thinking, I figured it was going to cost me more to redo them and money for all those stamps and most of them wouldn't even rsvp anyway because they're all idiots, hahaha.

If we were getting married here and expecting most of our invites to come I totally would have done them over, but I just didn't see the need of the added frustration!

#8 PaulaV

PaulaV
                • VIP Member
                • 2,813 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:09 PM

Oh well! No biggie... they can call you or email you to RSVP.

Yaaay! One more item off your list!

#9 soulmates

soulmates
                  • 538 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:23 PM

I wouldn't worry about it!! Since it was only a couple of them! That's great that you get to mark something off your list.

#10 Christine

Christine
                    • VIP Member
                    • 21,514 posts
                    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:27 PM

Jilly I wasted so much money on stamps and while they were pretty because I did photo stamps most people did not send them back, like my freakin parents and bridal party!
                    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users