Planes Flying Overhead at the RMB

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sunshinegirl

• 20 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 01:02 PM

Did any RMB brides, or guests, have any issues with the planes flying so close form the MB airport? I stayed at the Sonesta Maho in St. Maarten, which is also close the airport, and the planes flying overhead was fun. Any thoughts?

#2 Jamaica0619

• 475 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 01:03 PM

I don't know how it is during the ceremony. But, when we were there for a site visit in January, we found we got used to them and did not even notice them after the first day.
      Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#3 Trice

• 295 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:29 AM

We didn't have any issues with them. I didn't notice any during our ceremony. My family liked the resort so much they are planning to return next year for a family vacation.

#4 Starryt

• 127 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 01:20 PM

We were married there last weekend. Planes were't a problem. We chose the beach gazebo for the ceremony. One flew over during the wedding- we jsut paused for the DVD and then resumed when it flew by. But the whole week planes weren't an issue.

#5 sunshinegirl

• 20 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:06 AM

Thanks everyone! My mom was concerned but I'll let her know that this is not a factor in our resort selection decision.

#6 YoursTruly

• 1,097 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:17 AM

Yes you will not have anything to worry about. During our ceremony it was not an issue and quite frankly, it is worth it having the close commute to the airport! We loved it there and the only reason we would not return there is because we plan to visit another RIU in Negril or Ochie. YOu will be fine.

#7 montegobay09

• 832 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:54 PM

No problems with planes. They were kinda cool actually!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users